lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2022, 09:40 AM   #1
cshields8972@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Yamaha YDRE (G29) - Solenoid Clicks but No Movement and Controller Faults Out

Hello All. I have been beating my head against a wall on 2007 Yamaha YDRE for the last couple of weeks and looking for a little guidance.

To start out with a little background I acquired this cart about two years ago and it was in good working order. I let it sit for about a year before I decided to do anything with it. The first time I took it out after the cart sitting for a year (I charged batteries prior to running it) the problem started. I was going up a hill and that cart died immediately. I looked at the motor and noticed that the A2 wire had either disintegrated or melted at the A2 motor post (assuming this was due to a loose connection. Motor post was melted also). After that happened I let it sit for another year before I had time to dig back into it.

Now that I have had a little time get back to it, the below is where it stands:

- Motor has been replaced with stock Hitachi DM430

- When switched off of "tow" the solenoid clicks. When pedal is pressed slightly a click is heard. When the pedal is pressed a little more another click is heard (I am assuming this click is the controller faulting out because the cart is not moving when initiated).

- I am getting a reverse signal if switch is pushed.

- I am NOT getting resistence from the motor if I push the cart but I do hear the controller engage and then fault out.

- To date, I have replaced the speed sensor, throttle position sensor, and motor.

-I have also ran batteries that I know are good to the motor and controller by running jumper cables from another golf cart and clamping them to the propper leads (I isolated controls and motors on carts to replicate direct battery hook up to the problem cart).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thankyou!
cshields8972@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2022, 10:32 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Yamaha YDRE (G29) - Solenoid Clicks but No Movement and Controller Faults Ou

Sounds like a dead controller to me.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:30 PM   #3
cshields8972@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 Yamaha YDRE (G29) - Solenoid Clicks but No Movement and Controller Faults Ou

Any troubleshooting suggestions to determine if the controller is shot?

I have a G22 controller but has different plug end. Does anyone know if G22 controller will work on YDRE (G29) if swap out plug ends? Obviously will need to reference wiring diagrams if so.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:58 PM   #4
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would agree that it sounds like the motor had issues, and damaged the controller. If it has the Moric controller, it is not repairable. Not that you would want to anyway.
If you like your cart, and want to make it much more reliable, and easy do diagnose future issues, buy an Alltrax XCT-48300 YDRE.

Easy to install, bolts right on. Software is free. Use your computer to access the monitor tab, and then diagnose your issue if it was not actually the controller. Much better controller than the stock one. Site sponsors would be happy to help you with it.

You could install that G22 controller (GE) with some effort, but then after you have spent the time and effort to make the conversion, it may still be another issue and you still would be in the same boat.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:34 PM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've had the same cart with a G22 controller in it. After i did the motor ( brushes ) it still won't run. Problem finally solved with the Alltrax 48300 (Ydre) as recommended. Pretty easy Install and direct fit. You'll get more torque and speed also
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:17 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would go with the Alltrax. I have replaced the Moric in both of my YDRE's with Alltrax and they are way better than stock.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:47 AM   #7
cshields8972@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Got it working. It was the controller.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Old 06-01-2022, 09:19 AM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, new motor, no movement
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha