lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
growcorn
Not Yet Wild

Default Throttle hooked to governor linkage on clone

When you guys are hooking the throttle cable to the governor linkage on the Honda clones are you removing the governor from inside the engine case and just leaving the linkage for a convenient way of hooking up the throttle, or are you leaving the internal governor parts intact? I currently have mine hooked to the original throttle lever with the governor and I am not completely satisfied. Looking for a better way, but have a feeling I will have to go to a mikuni. The clone carb leaves a little to be desired. Thanks
growcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Throttle hooked to governor linkage on clone

IMO the carb sucks, but it is a lawn carb so I guess it does what it was made to. I took the entire governor out but that is up to you if you do or not. I mounted a plate over the flywheel then made a pivot bolt and lever using the original governor arm. I hooked the pedal cable to the arm and had the arm positioned so I could use the original carb rod like the governor did. I drilled holes in the arm so I could adjust where the rod and cable hooked on and get the right ratio, so the carb was open 100% when the pedal was down 100%. I cut off the arm and only used the outer half or so, welded a collar on it to ride/pivot on a bolt.

Here are some pics scroll down: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...thread-11.html
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps