lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
Bdfowle
Not Yet Wild

Default Lester Summit ii

I decided to make my summit charger an onboard system. I removed the charger dc plug and hardwired with 8g wire to the batter pack. (Brand new Trojans). My dilemma is this, when plugged into an ax power source the charger kicks on and charges the pack. Unplug the ac cord, drive around, plug back in and nothing happens except middle yellow light stays lit on charger. I have to disconnect it from the battery pack, reconnect, then plug back into ac power supply to begin charging again. Am I missing something?? Is there some type of lockout function! The cart is a g29.
Bdfowle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2021, 09:01 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lester Summit ii

Not sure about the Summit but that is true for many chargers out there. I believe that the Summit II will maintain your charge if you leave it connected. You could connect it with a relay and a switch. I don't like the idea of leaving it connected when unpowered anyway.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
LatonkaPiranha
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Where did you decide to mount the Summit II for the onboard use?
LatonkaPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:56 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There is a setting in the Bluetooth app you have to change for on-board use...I just went through this with an RXV on-board mount.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

OK, so get your cart charging and connect to APP through bluetooth, then from dashboard click STOP CHARGING button. Go to top left conner and click the three lines emblem, go down to System Profile and click that. You chargers profile will be displayed with a black bubble next to the words On Board...click that bubble and it should turn blue...then hit save...That should fix your issue..
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha