lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2021, 07:22 PM   #1
Unbehaved1
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with Alltrax/Plum Quick Settings?

I just installed the plum quick Street riot motor and the alltrax 500 amp controller on my 2009 G29 cart. I took it for a test drive. I was only hitting speeds in the low to mid 20s on 22-in tall tires. I was expecting faster. I was wondering if there are settings that I need to change or if anyone has any suggestions that has experience with this. Any help is appreciated.
Unbehaved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Help with Alltrax/Plum Quick Settings?

Do you have the correct "Field Map" for that motor? That will make a difference. Make sure that "Turbo" is checked. Hook up your laptop and get a monitor dump of a full speed run. Alltrax will work with you if you send them a dump.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:30 PM   #3
Unbehaved1
Not Yet Wild

It says it the field map for the street riot and turbo is checked. I'll have to get a try getting a dump tomorrow to send them
Unbehaved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:51 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When you look at the dump you can see the Motor Voltage and Battery Voltage. If they are the same at full throttle, then the controller is giving the motor max voltage. Then the only way to go faster is to weaken the field by reducing the field current. That is where the field map comes in. You can also see the motor RPM and see if that is maxing out.
My 2010 G29 has 12.5:1 gears which put the motor at about 5500RPM at 20mph with my 18 inch diameter tires. I would expect you to get mid 20's with 22 inch tires if you have the same gear ratio. My other 2012 G29 has 9:1 gears and it easily does 25mph with 18 inch diameter tires. IMO, 25mph is as fast as I want to go without having front brakes!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha