lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #11
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Braking system

Just bought the cart in February, only was able to put 120 miles on it. Been formatting the batteries probably 15 or 20 times. If it is a battery formatting issue, it’s pretty severe. To the point someone would’ve warned me about it when they delivered it.
I’m not with he cart now, so I’m not sure the amp hr of the batteries. Didn’t realize they came with different amp hr, just the (6) 8 volt Trojans or the ( 6 volt Trojans (I was told they would upgrade to the 8 for me if I felt I needed it) they kinda steered me away from the lithium battery.
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #12
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

mwar...

It turns out that yes there are various amp hour sized batteries in the
golf cart 6, 8 or 12 volt models..

Here is a brochure from Crown flooded gc batteries to help give an idea..

https://www.crownbattery.com/hubfs/D...-Batteries.pdf

also The Crown 1 agm battery guide for golf carts :

https://www.crownbattery.com/hubfs/D...Deep-Cycle.pdf

Hope this helps give you an idea...

While your cart is at the dealers ask to trade up in battery pack ah capacity.

In the 8 volt fla the max ah I see is a 190 ah ..but in the 6v the GC2H at 260ah

given the 8v has fewer lead plates therefore lower ah available...which
in fact will reduce your range and by quite a bit.

the 6v with more lead plates provide higher ah yielding much longer range.

See if dealer can take your new batteries back for a full credit toward..
in exchange for higher ah of your choice..

Best wishes friend
Happy cartin
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:09 AM   #13
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwar410 View Post
Just bought the cart in February, only was able to put 120 miles on it. Been formatting the batteries probably 15 or 20 times. If it is a battery formatting issue, it’s pretty severe. To the point someone would’ve warned me about it when they delivered it.
I’m not with he cart now, so I’m not sure the amp hr of the batteries. Didn’t realize they came with different amp hr, just the (6) 8 volt Trojans or the ( 6 volt Trojans (I was told they would upgrade to the 8 for me if I felt I needed it) they kinda steered me away from the lithium battery.
I got my i60l early February too. 6 8V Trojans. If you got 120 miles on it you should be formatted I imagine. Did you drain batteries completely or just minimal drain (no more than 80% state of charge) and plug in? If you drained them completely, they may be toasted. Alot of confusion and wrong info about how to properly format flooded lead acid batteries out there. Just had this same discussion with some one who was told to DRAIN them completely when formatting.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:47 AM   #14
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Hey geoff arias..

Never heard of formatting a new battery before..what is that?

But have read this ..

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:02 PM   #15
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Geoffarias, I didn’t knowingly run them down but who knows with the original cluster. Usually try to run it down to 80% and charge it. The problem being it really drops from 94% to 70’s in few miles or so.
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon