lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2021, 10:44 PM   #21
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Jakes long travel front shock upgeades

I agree with the front suspension of the Jake's being to soft on my yamaha g29 drive. Had 4 adults on the cart the other day and got super squirrely at speeds on only 15mph. I'm now considering buying the Amazon shocks think this will help?
pineypowerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2021, 09:50 AM   #22
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

check to make sure everything is good and tight and your air pressure is good. my shocks are too stiff but the cart is not squirrelly even at 36mph
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:21 AM   #23
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What does the air pressure on the front shocks need to be?
pineypowerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:13 AM   #24
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Don't try and adjust the air pressure of the shocks. Those are required to be charged with nitrogen. If you use standard air, you'll be sorry. Shop air has a ton of water in it and it can damage the bladder. Also, Nitrogen is much more predictable with temp swings due to the lack of multiple gasses like with shop air. Those kind of shocks are typically charged at the factory and are not adjustable. If you let the nitrogen out you'll lose a lot of the performance of the shock.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #25
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The Jakes factory shocks state in the instructions to NOT mess with the air valve on the shock.

Would likely be better if they stuck a nice big orange sticker on each shock that said this.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:20 AM   #26
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you can change the charge on the shocks like others said with dry nitrogen and the shock adjusting pressure tool with gage https://www.lefthanderchassis.com/v2...oduct=20819455

my truck has King shocks and I dial them in all the time and if you do ac or have a buddy that does they have the dry nitrogen for soldering copper and purge and pressure testing.

I think the problem with the stock jake's is the springs are too stiff with not a lot of travel. if I come over a curb the shock bottoms out with about 1.5 inches of down travel as the springs have it resting on that little of down travel. when I had my quad it would have easily dropped 5 to 7 inches
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:05 PM   #27
doo dah
Gone Wild

I used coilovers from a Polaris Predator, they are Fox Podiums and work really well. I stretched my cart from 4 to 6 seater and added lots of weight and they still hold up and don't collapse. I got them used on eBay for around 150.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 471F34CF-544E-4E05-A8A2-706E5D7DBF65.jpg (314.9 KB, 0 views)
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:54 AM   #28
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
I used coilovers from a Polaris Predator, they are Fox Podiums and work really well. I stretched my cart from 4 to 6 seater and added lots of weight and they still hold up and don't collapse. I got them used on eBay for around 150.
Those are good shocks. How is the squat with 4 adults aboard? What's the eye to eye measurement of those shocks?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:24 AM   #29
doo dah
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Those are good shocks. How is the squat with 4 adults aboard? What's the eye to eye measurement of those shocks?
I believe they are around 19" full extension and 14" full compression, currently mine ride at 17" eye to eye. I have had 4 adults and a teenager plus a 65qt cooler full of ice and beverages with almost no squat. With that weight and 25" tires the tired Kawasaki struggles to go up any kind of hill but does fine running down the beach.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts