lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2021, 11:16 PM   #1
Mileskeller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Jakes long travel front shock upgeades

I have a 2006 villager 8 with jakes long travel lift the shocks do not hold the weight does anyone have pics or info on a replacement shock thanks in advance
Mileskeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2021, 08:46 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Jakes long travel front shock upgeades

Many people have used atv shocks as replacements. I don't think there has been any standard model that I know will work.

What is the eye to eye length of the shock mounted and unmounted?

I might be able to narrow down a good replacement for you.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
Mileskeller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

15 min to 18 max inches I believe. I honestly don't know to much about spring pressures and stuff like that. It would need to hold about 1000 pounds of persons and whatever the carts weight is
Old 03-09-2021, 06:03 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mileskeller View Post
15 min to 18 max inches I believe. I honestly don't know to much about spring pressures and stuff like that. It would need to hold about 1000 pounds of persons and whatever the carts weight is
I have some Yamaha Viking shocks that are used but really nice condition. They might match up for you. I'll have to measure them. I tried them on my G1 with the atv suspension, they worked really well, just a little on the firm side for me. Your setup is different, likely heavier. I think my cart dry is in the 800lb range and sport atv shocks work well for mine. The Jakes LT has longer a arms than mine does so that adds leverage, I could see needing a stiffer shock.

I got all 4 shocks (F&R) for $120, I'd sell them for $100 just to get rid of them, I have no use for them. I've seen them selling for $100 each on ebay as a comparison. I think they were off of a 2016 Yamaha Viking UTV. I think the fronts measure about 17.5", but I'd have to confirm that.

Want me to measure them and post photos for you to look at?
Old 03-09-2021, 08:23 PM   #5
Mileskeller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah if you wouldn't mind I'm open to suggestions but I bought some cheap Amazon ones and they seem to ride way better than jakes crap they sent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210309_192337.jpg (217.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I've done a few Jakes LT's, I didn't think the shocks were bad at all. I wonder if they have changed them again. ?

Sounds like you got it figured out.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:49 PM   #7
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yeah if you wouldn't mind I'm open to suggestions but I bought some cheap Amazon ones and they seem to ride way better than jakes crap they sent
where did you get the spacers for the lowers and how did you drill those 2 piece inserts out?

it would be cool to have a rear coil springs using the same coil over shocks the hd rear springs inhale deeply.
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:01 PM   #8
Mileskeller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Those are factory holes they have a tiny bit of play in the bottom bushings but with the weight you don't notice it. And I agree I have been looking into some type of 3 link setup and running coilovers in time
Old 03-11-2021, 08:26 AM   #9
dearthvader
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Do you mind sharing which ones you purchased on Amazon? I have a Jake's Long travel on my RXV and I'm not impressed with the stock coilovers. Also, I've noticed most coilovers used as a replacement will likely require different A-arms as they are a larger circumference than the stock Jake's coilovers and would likely rub the A-arms.
dearthvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #10
Mileskeller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It won't let me send the link but they are newssmart 400mm shocks they are on Amazon gold and black in color
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts