lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1st cart - 04 TXT for rebuild

I just purchased an 04 TXT for use in my community. It needs quite a bit of work, and I have been browsing this forum for tricks and tips.

I intend to document my progress through this rebuild on this forum.

The cart has a lift kit with tires, and relatively new batteries. Other than that, its pretty much a tear down.

I started the process today, and I have found quite a bit of rust on the frame. Until I get the body all the way off, I won't know just how bad it will be.

I will eventually figure out how to get photos from my phone into this thread. Haven't figured that out yet.
TRPetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st cart - 04 TXT for rebuild

So I spent the day tearing into this cart
8 hours of work. Much more to come.
It’s amazing what a pneumatic air chisel can do to rusted nuts and bolts
Short post as I am doing this on an iPhone with fat fingers
Preview shows pics are 90 degrees off. I will figure this out. I used to operate nuclear reactors. I should be smarter than the equipment I operate 😀
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B2FE04FB-0458-48D0-8425-9D54B41F8FF6.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg AF7907F3-F35E-4817-AB85-0EF62A3A8F40.jpg (23.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-31-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Looks good. When you take your photos, hold your phone sideways, then the photos will show up right side up.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:46 PM   #4
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've reached the point where all the tear down is done, and I can start with putting the rust preventative on the frame (POR15), and then start building back up.

I will have some broken bolts to drill out, and certain frame items to replace, such as the splash pans supporting the controller.

This is what it looks like now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photos - 54 of 56.jpg (127.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-10-2021, 08:17 AM   #5
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking good. Keep the pics coming as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:01 PM   #6
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The motor is off and with PlumQuick for the Bandit rebuild. Not sure how long that will take, as they have been really busy lately. Said may take up to a month for get the motor back.

Installed new HD rear springs yesterday.

All the preparation for the POR 15 has been done. Plan is to start the "painting" project tomorrow. Looking forward to sliding under the frame and trying to apply POR15 above my head without getting covered with it.

Assuming that goes without issue, I can start putting all the parts back on.

As it looks as of today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg All Photos - 1 of 1.jpg (197.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-19-2021, 03:12 PM   #7
greg9719
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That stuff is a mess. Id offer to buy you a beer if you can manage to get it painted, especially lying upside down without getting it on ya. I’d recommend seeing if you can stand the cart up. Get a hand or something and stand it up so it’s on its rear bumper.

Keep up the work and keep sharing. I love a good TXT build
greg9719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:24 PM   #8
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

1st coat of POR15 is on. What a PITA! Thank God the cart is lifted! But only got 2 small drops on my skin. 2nd coat tomorrow. Doing the underside, near the brake and accelerator pedal was the most challenging. I think the pants and shirt I wore may go directly into the trash tomorrow
Old 02-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #9
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update:

POR15 is complete. New rear springs are on, 4 new shocks, 2 gauge cables are laid out. Still waiting on the motor from PlumQuick, and a new controller heat sink. I cleaned the brakes out, pads seem relatively new, so I will just replace the brake cables, as they look pretty nasty.

My plan is to use a vinyl wrap on the body, from golfcargraphics, and I will paint the roof. New roof is not in the budget currently, and I figure I have more time than money these days. Its just too cold to do any painting at this point, and I'm in SC. New seat covers for the front seats are ordered, and I have new rear seat kit still in the box in the garage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Library - 4 of 4.jpg (137.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Library - 2 of 4.jpg (121.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-14-2021, 01:28 PM   #10
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update:

Got the motor back from PlumQuick. I actually drove up to pick up the motor. They are rebuilding a lot of motors. Motor is back in the cart, all wired up, and I put the cart on jack stands and verified that everything seems to work. Motor spins in the correct directions, lights work, etc.

Got the front and rear cowls mostly installed. Had to drill out some bolts for the rear bumper and rethreaded the holes, so I need some larger bolts.

Lots of pop rivets to install. It's amazing how many different sizes of rivets were used!!

Pretty much ready to put the cart wrap on, but I am waiting for warmer weather. 42 degrees here today. Hopefully, next week I can get the wrap on, paint the roof and get everything back on and ready to run.

I purchased this cart from a guy who was going to use it at a hunting camp. The first picture is the dash after I pulled of an epoxied washer. Looks like a bullet hole!!

I sprayed the inside and edges of the cowls with black paint so that the white won't show through on the edges of the cart wrap

Its getting closer to complete.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Recents - 1 of 1.jpg (47.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Recents - 1 of 1 (1).jpg (87.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Recents - 1 of 1 (2).jpg (126.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides