lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2021, 07:34 PM   #71
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Default Re: ICON Owner's Master Thread (until more are created)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl 2020 View Post
Thanks everyone. I called the dealer and they're new to Icon and didn't really know what to say other than try another outlet. He also said the charger is a Lescar. I'm on a mission now to know who's charger they use and what it actually draws. I called ICON and spoke to 2 people, one said there is no spec sheet for the charger and that ICON makes the charger themselves (i doubt thats true) and the other said it's rated with the cable to 30 amps but works best with 25-30amp circuits. This is not correct because the cable on the charging cord is not 10ga which is required in the US code to be rated for 30 amps.

I"m going to pull a dedicated circuit just to ensure I know whats causing the problem if there is one. The ICON guy also told me they have had some issues with nuisance tripping and in those cases they just replace the charger. He said they're not common but have come up.
I don’t think Icon “makes” anything on these carts.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2021, 07:39 PM   #72
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
I don't think so just from looking at pictures of that, but here are 3 high-res pics I just took of the port and plug.

There's nowhere for the top clip part to go?
No, no, no, this is a 120VAC power input for the onboard charger, DO NOT plug anything into this other than a single phase 110/120. Use the icon supplied cable to go from the wall to this plug on the cart.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:14 PM   #73
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/atta...1&d=1616984276
Has anyone tested this power bundle under the dash? It’s unused coming off the key switch bundle. Seems like it would be a good spot to grab power and or a ground... that is,if it’s 12 volts.
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:35 PM   #74
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwar410 View Post
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/atta...1&d=1616984276
Has anyone tested this power bundle under the dash? It’s unused coming off the key switch bundle. Seems like it would be a good spot to grab power and or a ground... that is,if it’s 12 volts.
Attachment doesn't seem to work for me. Try uploading to imgbb.com and it provides thumbnailed forum links.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #75
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

21E3FEF6-69DF-4443-9BDF-5C984509D1A7.jpg
Unless it for a remote tow/drive switch
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #76
TheWIZZ
Not Yet Wild

Hello everyone. New to this site and new to buggies. Just got my new 2021 Purple (Geaux Tigers!) ICON i40L delivered yesterday w/3 miles on it. :) Goes 28MPH on flat road w/2 passengers. Not bad, but after finding this site, I know it can do better once I snag one of those programming cables & software.

I had a 6" lifted/nicely equipped 2013 Yamaha G29 w/new Trojan batteries... for a whole week! The wife was out riding with our daughter through the neighborhood when an ICON passed her up like she was sitting still. She felt the need for speed! (As do I!!) So the Yamaha had to go back and traded it in on the ICON. So far, loving the ICON and bought it (vs other brands) after many of the open/positive reviews on this site from current ICON owners, so many thanks!
TheWIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:46 PM   #77
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Quote:
So I haven't actually driven it at that, but I heard someone who did jacked up, but it theoretically checks out.

31mph is my current max, and the controller is capable of 2 speed modes based on a switch, so I'm considering wiring up a switch to toggle between 25mph and 35mph. The switch would actually be controlled by an extra key...similar to a valet key. This way I could turbo when I drive, and turtle when friends drive.

They're setup at 200:1 RPM:MPH. So 5000 RPM = 25 MPH.

The motor come stock (in my state) at 5000 RPM's, so it's capped at 25mph. The software "max" is set at 6000 RPM's, but if you edit a text file and change the max to 10,000, you can push that to the controller and it'll do it...seemingly fine. That's 50mph.

Can it go more than 10k RPM/50mph? Possibly? I don't want to try it and risk the motor.
From looking at the wiring schematic, the wires for the speed mode switch are already terminated underneath the cluster. There are some unused female spade and a molex connector under there.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:24 PM   #78
JohnWa
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Will do.

An interesting side note for anyone looking at 12v accessories...I hooked up some big speakers & an amp to my cart, and when I have them ON but no music playing...they make a high-pitched noise whenever I depress the accelerator (Fwd or Rwd)?

It makes me think the 12v signal gets "dirty" when the engine is engaged or something...if I play music, I don't notice anything.

I'm wondering if I need some sort of line filter.
Filter or better ground
JohnWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:28 PM   #79
JohnWa
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Hey Atrain

I far from being an expert...yet I wonder if creating a separate power supply
perhaps another but small from factor 12v agm battery might be a solution.
This would isolate your amp from the cart's main power supply...and fix the noise issue

Let us know what you come up with..
12 volt seperate with solar charger on rough
JohnWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:48 PM   #80
TXT Tone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello,
I purchased my Icon about a year ago. It is not lifted and I prefer it that way. I have been following Atrain’s posts and have my Icon programmed for 33mph! Thank you for all the assistance. I only changed line 45 to 10,000. I would like to edit the torque for up hills, so I don’t lose top end speed.
Tony.
TXT Tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i40, i40l, i60l, icon, iconev
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon