lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
brunson67
Getting Wild

Default 4 wheel disc brakes dragging on my Club Car

Hello,

I designed my own 4 wheel disc brake set up many years ago, and it took some time to finish my cart, long project, I cut it in half and stretched it as well, 9" lift, etc. I'm running Club Car Carryall calipers using Honda civic rotors.
I designed the front brackets to locate off of the spindle boss and I made a jig to weld them, the back brackets simply bolt on to the axle flange. I think I’m having an issue with brake drag, and I’m wondering if maybe my rotors are too thick for the Club Car calipers, maybe as things get hot they are not relaxing enough. Would rotor thickness play a potential part in this?

When I first got this cart going I had an issue with air in the lines, and when it heated up the brakes were locking up. I finally used a vacuum bleeder and had to bleed the master cylinder to get the air out. The brakes are not spongy at all, this cart stops on a dime.

In general any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (116.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (111.6 KB, 0 views)
brunson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2021, 10:33 PM   #2
Mileskeller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 4 wheel disc brakes dragging on my Club Car

What rotors and calipers and master cylinder are you using
Mileskeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:33 PM   #3
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

two things come to mind for me about the situation, first is does the master cylinder have free play? in other words when the brake pedal is released is the plunger for the master cylinder completely released? if not then adjust the rod until it is and a little extra, that will cause the brakes to not release all the way and get tighter and tighter as the system heats up. second thing that comes to mind looking at your pictures is where the caliper bolts to the mount if you were to remove the retaining bolts does the caliper want to center itself and if so you might want to put some washers to shim it out to that position, you could attack the problem one wheel at a time because it may be only in one wheel but if it seems to be at all four I would think the master cylinder rod is too long and not releasing pressure when the pedal is released. Let us know what You find, hope this was helpful
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:24 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Just making sure you guys know this post is from 2015.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:36 PM   #5
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

how can you read that fine print? Lol I need glasses to find my glasses oh well maybe somebody will have the same problem and the post will help them
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Just making sure you guys know this post is from 2015.
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts