lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2021, 02:51 PM   #1
Cvanbrunt
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 ezgo RXV shorted State of Charge indicator wires

While changing out the state of charge indicator on my RXV my red and black wires touched and shorted. I thought I had the ground wire on the pack removed but didnt have it taped and it made contact back with its termina. Since then, the cart wont run.

I thought at first the solenoid took the hit and replaced it, still wont run. The reverse buzzer still works when in reverse and solenoid clicks when you turn the key on.

With the charge indicator hooked up, the cart will not go into tow mode. If i disconnect either red or black from the charge indicator, it will go into tow mode and release the brake.

Pack voltage is 50.2, With the red and black hooked to the charge indicator, it reads pack voltage as 33 volts. With my DVM i can read from the red on the charge indicator to the black on the pack and get the correct 50.2 VDC. Same if I read the black on the charge indicator wire and red on pack voltage.

I've chased wires and checked the fuses by the tow switch cover but am stumped. Im thinking Ive blown something in the controller and will be replacing soon.

It has the danaher controller also.
Cvanbrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2021, 04:30 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 ezgo RXV shorted State of Charge indicator wires

Ouch!
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:09 PM   #3
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Is this with the new charge indicator or the old one? Aftermarket or OEM? What does the DVM say when across the red and black wires at the indicator? According to the wiring diagram, there should be a grey wire also, is that connected? RXVs are very sensitive to changes to original wiring. It looks like it’s protected by a fuse, so controller damage seems unlikely to me. If worse comes to worse and that’s what it is, I have a danaher controller that I just removed for upgrade that I would be willing to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:52 AM   #4
Cvanbrunt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccainc View Post
Is this with the new charge indicator or the old one? Aftermarket or OEM? What does the DVM say when across the red and black wires at the indicator? According to the wiring diagram, there should be a grey wire also, is that connected? RXVs are very sensitive to changes to original wiring. It looks like it’s protected by a fuse, so controller damage seems unlikely to me. If worse comes to worse and that’s what it is, I have a danaher controller that I just removed for upgrade that I would be willing to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for the delayed response, it was a weekend full of baseball and hockey games.

Both the old and new charge indicators are aftermarket. The old just had the colored lines and had a spot for the gray wire. When hooked up, it just flashes. I can get videos later this afternoon hopefully. The new indicator only has a red and black wire, no connection for gray. It reads in the 32-33vdc range when connected.

Does your danaher have the freedom mode? I believe mine was setup as freedom as it runs 22-23mph when full charged (and before I screwed up).
Old 04-12-2021, 10:57 PM   #5
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

But the cart worked normally with the old indicator without the grey wire hooked up? Yes, controller has freedom mode. Cart did ~27 mph with 23” tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2021, 06:18 AM   #6
Cvanbrunt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
But the cart worked normally with the old indicator without the grey wire hooked up? Yes, controller has freedom mode. Cart did ~27 mph with 23” tires.

With the old indicator hooked up prior to the dumb move I made, it had the gray wire hooked up as well.

Shoot me a price if you don’t mind. I’m not on here a lot throughout the day. Text is easier for me. 817 nine 1 three 4825

Thanks! Caleb
Old 04-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #7
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2011 ezgo RXV shorted State of Charge indicator wires

Have you tried hooking the old indicator back up with the grey wire? I’m still skeptical that you have a controller problem. I’d hate to sell you something that didn’t fix your problem. I’d also make doubly sure you didn’t miss a fuse somewhere. I’ll text you a price tomorrow after I think about it.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:01 PM   #8
Cvanbrunt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Have you tried hooking the old indicator back up with the grey wire? I’m still skeptical that you have a controller problem. I’d hate to sell you something that didn’t fix your problem. I’d also make doubly sure you didn’t miss a fuse somewhere. I’ll text you a price tomorrow after I think about it.

Yes I have. With all hooked up as it was the old indicator just flashes and cart still doesn’t move.

I’ve located the two fuses on the diagram and ohmd then out to double check. They’re both good. I’m reading 32vdc on the wires thst feed the charge indicator so it doesn’t seem to be a fuse as I’d expect 0vdc if a fuse was the culprit. .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO