lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2023, 03:23 PM   #1
TRS
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default US Battery - 48V pack dead

I'm losing my mind here and need help!! I have 6 x 8v US battery in 2011 TXT that will fully charge to show 51.3 volts on the digital dash meter. Checking each battery with multimeter shows ~ 3.46 v per battery? Batteries are a year old, used maybe 3x week for neighborhood runs, no major distances. Wife used the cart yesterday, put maybe 4 miles total on it and then limped home dead. Any ideas or other tests? I have kept water levels correct, kept in ambient outside temps in southeastern coastal South carolina. Thanks!!
TRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2023, 03:53 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: US Battery - 48V pack dead

How old are the batteries?

And how old are the batteries in your voltmeter?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 04:05 PM   #3
TRS
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

batteries are a year old. i just recently put new 9v in the voltmeter but dang didn't think of a bunk voltmeter. I cant win with golf cart maintenance, always a gremlin somewhere, its worse than lights on a boat trailer trying to keep everything working!!
TRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 05:56 PM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

If it "limped home dead" after 4 miles then either the batteries are bad or thier is a bad connection somewhere... keep in mind once you let the batteries get below 50% state of charge it permanently damaged the life of the battery.. and if you let the batteries get too low it can downright kill the battery to where it will fail under a load test and not hold a charge. it doesnt matter how old the batteries are for this to happen.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:49 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Do you charge after each use?
Any parasitic draw such as a 12 volt convertor that stays on all the time, ect.?
I never let batteries get below 80% charge if possible and when charging let charger go thru complete cycle. When you charge batteries let charger shut off by itself is best practice.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO