lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2023, 01:32 PM   #21
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium battery questions/choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Ah there must be another beer man on here. Sorry.. strange that summit 2 says it won't work but the places selling them say it's speced for it and one even offers screenshots on how to do it in the app?
Lithium required a 3 stage charge that switches to constant voltage trickle charging towards the end.. you can actually use a constant current/constant voltage variable power supply to charge them as well but it's not ideal as far as ease and hands off simplicity.
Right, I believe Summit has profiles for lithiums, and they do stage charge regular batteries, but who knows if it’s correct for lithiums
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2023, 09:05 PM   #22
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
You can buy just the battery and not the bundle pack. Trying not to buy another charger .
I knew that and that was why I mentioned the "pack" I probably could have been clearer (wife lets me know that quite a bit......) and I'm sorry.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:33 PM   #23
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerChris View Post
Based on all the research I did I purchased the ECO 72Ah kit yesterday. Looking for any tips or tricks installing in a 2011 Precedent. I found this video and it's seems pretty detailed. Any other tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjj...ist=WL&index=4
I used the same video when I installed in my 2012. Was easy to follow and mostly the same. Once I got in there, it was pretty straightforward and even where there were slight differences (i.e., I didn't need to disconnect anything from the solenoid) it was easy for me to understand why. I also bypassed the OBC and removed it - which I believe the video covers as well.

Good luck - I am sure you will find the install to be pretty straightforward.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:01 AM   #24
jws2010CC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey there. Here are some pictures in a thread I started about my 2010. Good Luck! This was lots of fun and Eco has great support.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=185635
jws2010CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car