lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2023, 04:57 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Recommendations for 72v Lithium packs

I have a custom 72v Leaf pack and have had issues lately. The charger isn't charging and now the batteries are toast. I HAVE to replace the batteries either way now. And it seems the BMS or Charger isn't working anyway. Ready to be done with it and get a drop in pack. Though I had it figured out and liking the Extreme Team and then saw they are out of business and some people have been having issues.

Just looking for whats currently the best bang for the buck system out there. I have EcoBattery in another cart but don't like that its a 70v system. I saw that the Lithium Moto NMC guys are on here, but am a bit nervous about going with them rather than a more established company and one that uses LifePo4.

Thanks for your suggestions.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2023, 01:37 AM   #2
iFragit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Recommendations for 72v Lithium packs

Bolt Energy USA lithium battery, picking up my 72v 105ah tomorrow from them.
iFragit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 07:16 AM   #3
Eco Battery
Not Yet Wild

What model cart and controller do you have?

Our 70V 105ah pack works great for all 72V applications.

Let me know if you have any questions, glad to help.
Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 07:59 AM   #4
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks for the replies. I will look into the Bolt Energy. I have already emailed you guys (Eco Battery). I have bought a pack from you before. The two main issues I have is the 70v vs 72v (giving up a little there) and that I can't deal direct. I had an issue with the only dealer in my area the last time I bought one from you, so not going that route again. Thanks
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:12 AM   #5
Eco Battery
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to hear your dealer didn’t take care of you as much as they should have. You can always reach out directly and we can take care of any issues. If there are any unresolved issues please PM me.

As far as 70V vs 72V the only real difference is 2-3 MPH on the top end. Both will be giant leaps better in performance and efficiency over 48V.

Either way you go I think you will be happy!
Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:51 AM   #6
iFragit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just finished installing my 72v 105ah Bolt Energy after picking it up from their facility. Definitely recommend them, staff is awesome.

Going to do a write up on the install on my RXV. Test ride tomorrow, lots of high speed driving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15780E95-E9F6-4276-A3CA-AA8C02E7823D.jpg (196.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2023, 07:54 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFragit View Post
Just finished installing my 72v 105ah Bolt Energy after picking it up from their facility. Definitely recommend them, staff is awesome.

Going to do a write up on the install on my RXV. Test ride tomorrow, lots of high speed driving.
Man....there's so much power they had to put handles on it!! Reminds me of a girl I once dated......
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 10:00 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Man....there's so much power they had to put handles on it!! Reminds me of a girl I once dated......
Wrong forum Dave
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:34 AM   #9
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFragit View Post

Any idea of the momentary amp it can output? Having a 600amp controller I would like to see my meter show that kind of pull. So far I have seen in the 400amp range and I am running 2 BB Eagles @ 180amps each due to the BMS and 2 Sur Ron 30 AH batteries (all paralleled). Theoretically I have a 120ah pack but the Sur Rons cant do 180 bursts I am pretty sure
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:10 AM   #10
iFragit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
Any idea of the momentary amp it can output? Having a 600amp controller I would like to see my meter show that kind of pull. So far I have seen in the 400amp range and I am running 2 BB Eagles @ 180amps each due to the BMS and 2 Sur Ron 30 AH batteries (all paralleled). Theoretically I have a 120ah pack but the Sur Rons cant do 180 bursts I am pretty sure
They advertise 520 amps for 30 seconds and 250a continuous. I've done a good amount of wheelies and full throttle rips, no issues or disappointment. A few people who were use to modding carts were shocked to see two guys in the front and the cart standing up without any problems. Laid down a handful of 5 ft+ drag marks from the hitch hitting the concrete.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO