lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2023, 12:07 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Controller Amps for G22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Check with the sponsors before you go to Amazon.. Cheaper prices
Hopefully I dont catch hell for this but for clarifications sake,

The solenoid I linked above is over $100+ shipping from a popular sponsor here. (and they dont supply the diode or resistor you have to buy separate from them for an additional $24+ shipping )
What sponsor has this complete for close to $40-50? I dont mean to downplay supporting sponsors here im just confused by this statement.

I bought mine on ebay for $34 shipped..

I did just pay $170+ vs $90 for the same exact same tinted windshield for my cart from a supporting member though... Nevermind the fact it was a mistake because it came up in google shopping search when I was actually searching for the brush guard with google and they showed a picture of the brush guard but in my haste I missed they were actually selling the windshield in the ad and not the pictured bumper I had searched for.
I typically dont mind paying as much as 30% markup vs other resellers but when its 2 to 3 times the cost I shop around.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2023, 12:35 PM   #12
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I'm really going to catch hell now but I'd buy this. its drop in ready to work with all your existing hardware/solenoid and still offers better performance than what you have. it will also give you longer run time if configured for less amp output.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17558064375...Bk9SR5jX_YO6YQ
Old 01-20-2023, 12:40 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Did you look at the sponsors before you posted this? Just an example.. xct400 for a G22 with mount, fuse and 200 amp solenoid for $609. The OP’s link was $636 just for the controller and some sort of solenoid bracket.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:56 PM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Did you look at the sponsors before you posted this? Just an example.. xct400 for a G22 with mount, fuse and 200 amp solenoid for $609. The OP’s link was $636 just for the controller and some sort of solenoid bracket.
For the solenoid I posted the link to 6 minutes before your reply? yes. I didnt know who you were replying to since there was no quote and you didnt specify.

But yes your completely correct on the new controller from amazon... Always good to shop around regardless. Sometimes theres misleading things like crazy shipping that come into play as well with some vendors. Ive also seen common practice of vendors that have thier own shops in addition to also selling on amazon or ebay having different pricing for the same thing on the different platforms.. I often buy from jegs or summit and they sometimes do this. I literally just bought some noalox from the home depot from thier ebay store vs buying from the home depot website for more$$ receipt came from the home depot.

Based upon the OPs comments about being more concerned with run time than anything I think the 300amp replacement would be a better value for him though. he wouldnt need to replace wiring or solenoids then either.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:34 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The First thing to know about buying electronics like MZJ400a is there are many grades of this device available. There actually are $40 grades and $100 grades with almost identical packaging. The cheapest solenoid you find is not the same as the highest price solenoid.
We contract a reputable builder to manufacture our solenoids to their highest standards and that is why we put our name on the label.
We all know the wisdom of cheap parts.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 01:57 PM   #16
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

That is often true yes. Not always though. Just as often with things like auto parts you find the same parts sold at different prices with different labels. As a field engineer Ive even seen rare cases where the clones were vastly superior to the original design. sometimes its a gray market item meant for a different global market. Sometimes like in this case its the same part number and manufacturers sticker..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/39409995682...3ABFBMwreuiLph

Based on what you said though I assume the sw 180, 200 and 202 you sell are are genuine curtis/allbright solenoids? Because the pics kinda look like chinese clones? https://www.cartsunlimited.net/solenoids.html
the original Curtis Allbright ones usually have a zinc plated finish and different manufacturers sticker like this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12425268899...EaAlQlEALw_wcB

As luck might have it though I have multiple versions of the orange 400a solenoid and I can tear them down for a comparison if anyone is interested? there are for sure some differences in some of these. the one on the left has poor tolerances and is skimping, missing things like washers on retainer bolts. its got poor isolation on the solenoid shaft from the contact plate (compared to the one on the right) and even missing the rubbers seal to keep moisture out that the one on the right has. The one on the right looks the same design as You sell scotty.

I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time here, Ive learned to try to avoid assuming anything without any data to back it up either way. If my $37 solenoid is truly inferior as suggested above Id like to see how? Usually theres data reported to back it up.
When I searched the failures of these things (because I wanted to know why such a vast price difference from vendor to vendor) I found just as many reported failures of the expensive ones reported here vs the ones sourced elsewhere.
In my case The one on the left which I could see being more prone to failure actually cost me about 18% more than the one on the right... Go figure. Neither failed but one was speced for 36v only and the one on the right is interchangeable with 48v or 36v if you change the resistor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230120_140524[1].jpg (184.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230120_140538[1].jpg (157.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230120_141956[1].jpg (218.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha