lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2023, 11:36 AM   #1
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Default Eco Battery Gauge Questions

Installed a new 51.2v 72ah Eco Battery in my 07 Precedent and I have a couple questions about charging and the gauge.

Had it out for a bit Friday night, plugged it in and it charged to 100%. Now it’s Sunday morning and it’s been plugged in. It’s sitting at 53v and 97%. The Gauge stays on all the time unless I turn the battery off, which I understand I’m not supposed to do unless I’m storing.

Does everyone’s gauge stay on all the time?
Is the charge dropping normal?

Thanks in advance for the help!
FL3TCH L1V3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2023, 11:43 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery Gauge Questions

The gauge should draw very very little.

Do you park in run or flip it to tow mode? The controller pulls a couple hundred mA draw if I remember correctly if you leave it in run mode. Flip it to tow and it’s almost zero draw
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

IIRC the gauge stays on for several hours (I cannot remember how many) and then turns itself off. How long did you wait to see if it turned off?
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:31 PM   #4
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
The gauge should draw very very little.

Do you park in run or flip it to tow mode? The controller pulls a couple hundred mA draw if I remember correctly if you leave it in run mode. Flip it to tow and it’s almost zero draw
The charge drain happens whether or not it is in Tow or Run.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:32 PM   #5
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
IIRC the gauge stays on for several hours (I cannot remember how many) and then turns itself off. How long did you wait to see if it turned off?
The gauge has never turned off unless I turn the battery pack off. I think the longest I’ve left it was 5 days. Still on.
Old 01-08-2023, 01:02 PM   #6
rkrider1999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My guage stays on all the time as well. As far as SOC, sometime it's 100%, most of the time it's 99%, and every now and then, it's somewhere between 97% or 98% after a full charge. I never worry about it.

I was under the impression that when the Bluetooth app comes out, the gauge on/off time will be programmable.

Last edited by rkrider1999; 01-08-2023 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: additional info
rkrider1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 01:20 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Maybe disconnect a batteries cable, hook up a meter and see what kind of draw you have while it’s sitting just to rule out something external creating a draw

Otherwise chalk it up to combo of gauge and self discharge maybe. If 97% you’ve used 2.16 aH. Assuming it sat 48 hours that should be a 45mA draw, not counting self discharge if my rough math is correct

Self discharge on your 72 aH pack should be about 3.6aH per month, or .12aH per day assuming 5% per month

Disclaimer this is just rough math using my iPhone calculator one handed with a sleeping baby tying up my other arm but it should be in the ballpark. if I’m wrong I’m positive voltampere or pat will be glad to correct me
Old 01-08-2023, 01:46 PM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL3TCH L1V3S View Post
The gauge has never turned off unless I turn the battery pack off. I think the longest I’ve left it was 5 days. Still on.
I guess I should have asked this before I replied Is this while you are still on the charger or after you have removed it from the charger and left the pack turned on? I can go out and turn my pack on and do a test on mine if you like. I am off the charger (have been for weeks) so it should give a pretty good picture of what mine does anyway.

Edit: Just went out and turned the pack on and activated the key to light up the gauge. I've gotta head out for a bit but will check it when I get back and see what has happened.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EB Gauge.jpg (111.9 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 02:45 PM   #9
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I guess I should have asked this before I replied Is this while you are still on the charger or after you have removed it from the charger and left the pack turned on? I can go out and turn my pack on and do a test on mine if you like. I am off the charger (have been for weeks) so it should give a pretty good picture of what mine does anyway.

Edit: Just went out and turned the pack on and activated the key to light up the gauge. I've gotta head out for a bit but will check it when I get back and see what has happened.
It’s on the charger with the pack on. The charger never kicks back on. I believe if I recall correctly the 5 day discharge dropped to 91% while plugged in and the charger never kicked on.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:26 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I don’t know if the eco paperwork states otherwise, but generally speaking you shouldn’t leave lithium plugged into the charger. Once it’s done, unplug it and it should hold fine unless there’s something drawing it down

https://ecobattery.com/s/manuals

Edit: while they don’t specifically state not to leave it plugged in like many other manufacturers do, they do state that even if left plugged in, you need to disconnect ac power to the charger and then plug it back into the wall not won’t automatically restart on its own and there is no “float” state like FLA batteries/chargers have.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car