lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2023, 07:26 PM   #1
sknopster
Not Yet Wild

Default What type of Programmer is used for "The Drive" 48Volt with a Moric Motor Controller?

All of our Yamaha Electric 48 Volt DC "The Drive" carts have Moric controllers. Periodically a motor controller will fail and we pay the Yamaha dealer to replace it, which they are eager to do for the low, low price of just $1,200. So far, they have a 6 for 6 success rate; replacing our 19 MPH Moric controllers with NEW Moric Controllers that are clearly programmed to make elderly people using walkers appear as if they are running! Each cart now hits a top speed of just under 12 MPH (as measured by GPS). Our carts have 10" wheels and 205/65-10 tires which, after replacing the factory 8" wheels and tires, proved to create a 1.5 MPH increase. The math had correctly predicted an increase of ~1.5 mph... from memory; the tire's circumference was ~8.5% greater than the 8" tires on which the cart would max out at ~18 MPH. (18 MPH * 108.5% = 19.53 MPH)
I mention this because if we were to put the 8" wheels back on our carts, they would hit a max speed of just over 10 MPH! So, this raises the following questions:

1) What / WHY is this Yamaha dealer f$#king with us? and,
2) Does a New / Stock Moric Controller #JW2-H6510-00 really produce a max speed of just 10 MPH?

I would really like to know what type of programming equipment is used on these Moric controllers! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sknopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2023, 08:32 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: What type of Programmer is used for "The Drive" 48Volt with a Moric Motor Control

Why replace with Moric when you can replace with Alltrax and set the speed yourself for half the cost? Moric controllers are prone to failure and only a dealer can program them.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 06:13 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What type of Programmer is used for "The Drive" 48Volt with a Moric Motor Control

As Volt said, with the Alltrax controller you'll get 2 for 1. More torque and speed, and you can adjust everything by yourself. Easy self diagnosis. With 205-65/10 tires i got 22-23 mph
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 06:31 AM   #4
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax is far superior, and is a direct replacement. Just curious, where are you located? You might get a suggestion for a different service location.

You could also install the bluetooth module, and have the toolkit on an app.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 07:39 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

The dealer will charge you over $150 for a “PTV code” to get it to about 18 mph. The cart will also have to have a light kit (really silly) for them to do it in my experience. They have to order it from Yamaha which takes about a week. The whole process is really goofy.

Like others have mentioned, Alltrax is definitely the way to go. Half the price, install and program yourself. With the stock motor and tires those should get 20+ mph.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:21 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What they said. Unless you are in a warranty situation if you have to replace one go with the Alltrax. I have an XCT300 in my Drive and when it had the stock motor it was in the low 20s on the 18” tires. Had to change the connections for the motor but everything else was a bolt in.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 11:02 PM   #7
sknopster
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Why replace with Moric when you can replace with Alltrax and set the speed yourself for half the cost? Moric controllers are prone to failure and only a dealer can program them.
We purchase 100% of our parent company's fleet carts every year when they "Hand-Down" blocks of carts. The terms of our contract require us to buy their course carts, and also obligate us to use only factory parts if we effect any repairs. This is required by our contract to pass-thru 100% of our rental fleet (within 3 years) to various dealers owned by the same parent company as us. I definitely DO NOT use these motor controllers on my own carts, they are AllTrax.

No matter how precisely I word the question, everybody wants to answer an entirely different question. Really, the question is simple: Can anybody provide accurate information regarding the diagnostic and programming equipment used on these frickin moric controllers? If we send carts to our sister company that require programming to return the speed back to the originally bought and paid for 19 MPH, then we get gouged by our own sister company. They are authorized to buy the equipment from Yamaha - we are not. (The pricks won't even discuss the topic) It's fcking ridiculous!
sknopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 11:12 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Plowmans is a Yamaha dealer and sells used moric controllers for $150-200.

I’d call and talk to Don. Not only will you get a much better deal on the controller, he can likely answer any questions you have about the programming

Www.plowmanscarts.com
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 09:22 AM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I personally would not invest in a used or rebuilt controller! The aftermarket controllers like Alltrax come with a good warranty and they are bulletproof. On top of that, you control the settings - no paying a dealer to make it go faster!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 01:39 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I personally would not invest in a used or rebuilt controller! The aftermarket controllers like Alltrax come with a good warranty and they are bulletproof. On top of that, you control the settings - no paying a dealer to make it go faster!
By contract they can only use oem parts and the moric controllers. Otherwise I’d agree
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
change speed, controller, jw2-h6510-00, moric, program
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha