lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2023, 10:14 AM   #11
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 g9 can it climb hills

Dont need to haul the deer out with it, just need it to get me closer to my deer stand. I have a atv for dragging. The atv is too noisy and would scare any wall hangers out of the area.
EZ RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2023, 12:06 PM   #12
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ RIDER View Post
Dont need to haul the deer out with it, just need it to get me closer to my deer stand. I have a atv for dragging. The atv is too noisy and would scare any wall hangers out of the area.
Understood I guess I would hope someone else who has the same card and has climbed such a hill can shine in
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 09:50 PM   #13
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I could stay with the stock size tires so I wouldnt lose any torque. I have been searching the internet all day for info on how steep of a hill it will climb and got nuthin. I did the math and the hill is about 24 degrees for about 30 feet. Hoping he doesnt sell it before I decide what to do.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:54 PM   #14
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’d say a stock electric G9 with an original controller likely won’t do well on hills. An upgrade to a bigger controller, cables, 48v, and maybe a motor would get it where you want it.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 06:05 AM   #15
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You would find that a much newer 48volt cart that will easily climb that hill, might be much closer to your budget than you think. I have several friends that have atv's collecting dust once they use an electric cart for hunting, myself included. Sounds like you may want to make a road trip to me, and ride a couple of carts around the property.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 07:45 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ RIDER View Post
I could stay with the stock size tires so I wouldnt lose any torque. I have been searching the internet all day for info on how steep of a hill it will climb and got nuthin. I did the math and the hill is about 24 degrees for about 30 feet. Hoping he doesnt sell it before I decide what to do.
I'm no engineer, but I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express's before.

Now, that said, in my amateur (armature?) calculations, a 24 degree slope over 30 feet of distance, mathamatically results in the height or upward climb to be 13 feet.

So, (to repeat myself) you're going to go up 13 feet over a 30 foot span. That's a pretty steep incline (very do-able with my hunting cart). Knowing that these "stock" carts are ment for golf courses (primarily) I can't say that the unit you're looking at will do the job.

In addition, what kind of terrain are you going to take it? Is it mowed grass?, high un-mowed grass?, Gravel?. That, and what kind of tires will you be using? You may have the horsepower and gear ration to do the job....but depending upon the terrain if you don't have the right tires, you're not going anywhere. (Ask me how I know)

In addition, stopping is even more important on the downhills. (Again...ask me how I know.) Before I installed my Jake's front disc brakes, there were a few times I thought I was on a roller-coaster....with no way of controlling the direction I was going!! So...that being said are you going to rely upon the cart's stock brakes to stop you? Again, that's a pretty steep incline and you DO NOT want to lock up the wheels on such a downhill. (Ask me how I know). It's very possible to have the cart "swap ends" and do a complete 180 under certain conditions. 4-wheel stopping IMHO is more important than the "juice" needed to climb!!

So, I hope this information helps and doesn't muddy the water anymore than it is now.

And.....I have been "stuck in certain situations"....

The mud was like grease from a grease gun. Thank goodness for winch's!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:08 AM   #17
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I found a G2 with 48v conversion with a cargo box on the back for $3250 and a
97 Club car DS 48V already lifted for $2900. The G2 has new batteries, dont know about the Club car yet, he hasnt texted me back yet. Which do you all think would be better, no bias please.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:24 AM   #18
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well the Club car has been sold, does the G2 sound like a good deal, it is golf cart dealer that has it.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:17 AM   #19
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it’s a 48V G2, it’s been updated to a controller. It would be very helpful to know what controller is in it. The electric G2 was originally a resistor drive.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 11:23 AM   #20
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dont know what it has until I go look at it. He has it out on loan at the moment to a customer and wont have it back til next week. What should I look for as for as controllers go?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha