lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2022, 09:21 PM   #1
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Eco battery / RXV works well

Purchased and installed an Ecobattery 48/105. Ezgo rxv 2011 with Navitas controller. Wow, the specs and size of this lithium battery is impressive. I have installed roypow s51105 and s51105p before in the rxv and this Eco battery seems to be better (specs, acceleration, performance) with a much smaller footprint. The Eco battery bundle also includes a charge port and reducer, items you have to purchase when you buy the roypow batteries.

Installing two more of the Eco batteries in RXV this week. Both have upgraded Curtis controllers. Will be a good test of these batteries.

What I am really curious about - I have a S51105P (huge battery with huge brake resistor) in a RXV withNavitas controller, will the Eco battery outperform this Setup? Size difference between these two is substantial.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58D5F59B-E483-4C72-AE0A-FFDA38C09210.jpg (240.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C2E26F68-4491-4262-A524-96733E579088.jpg (229.2 KB, 0 views)
bmmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2022, 11:55 PM   #2
kflyer44
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Eco battery / RXV works well

I'm looking forward to your updates on the Eco Battery. I'm trying to choose between it, RowPow standard and Power series. Anymore pics of the install? Thanks -Kevin
kflyer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:01 PM   #3
fr8mvr
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I'm interested in how much range you get.
fr8mvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:40 PM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmonahan View Post
Purchased and installed an Ecobattery 48/105. Ezgo rxv 2011 with Navitas controller. Wow, the specs and size of this lithium battery is impressive. I have installed roypow s51105 and s51105p before in the rxv and this Eco battery seems to be better (specs, acceleration, performance) with a much smaller footprint. The Eco battery bundle also includes a charge port and reducer, items you have to purchase when you buy the roypow batteries.

Installing two more of the Eco batteries in RXV this week. Both have upgraded Curtis controllers. Will be a good test of these batteries.

What I am really curious about - I have a S51105P (huge battery with huge brake resistor) in a RXV withNavitas controller, will the Eco battery outperform this Setup? Size difference between these two is substantial.
Curious what the weight difference between the two is? Its kinda odd that there is a substantial difference. They both claim to be a 105ah 16cell prismatic lifepo4 configuration battery so they should fairly be comparable in size. The eco has a 175 amp output and the roypow only a 150a continuous but other than that the specs are comparable. The Eco seems to be the better value.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 11:58 AM   #5
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

As you can see from the stats below, the roypow s51105p is huge. You have to cut slots out of the side of the RXV plastic tray to get the battery installed. Plus the added brake resistor and it takes up a lot of space. Almost have the one cart with the eco battery on the road. Will be driving both and will be able to compare.

Need a gps unit to get actual range numbers.

I’ll get some more picts.

Roypow S51105P

22.25 x 13.00 x 10.04 IN

103 lbs

Roypow S51105

18.11 x 13.15 x 9.13 IN

96lbs

Eco battery

13.14 X 12.24 X 10.15 IN

94 lbs
Old 12-17-2022, 12:49 PM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

So weight is fairly comparable which is good The Eco must have a more Organized compact enclosure design Which may also mean the cells are compressed which is a good thing versus non compressed tells which supposedly have a shorter lifespan Is according to a lot of the manufacturers
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #7
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Interesting, that means Eco battery is the better option. The space savings is huge.

For my application, I need more space for audio amps.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:52 AM   #8
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just for comparison, check my cart specs below. It tops out at 36+ with my 220lbs on a flat surface, 0-30 comes up pretty quick...
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:37 PM   #9
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The ecobattery in the 2011 RXV with Navitas controller is working well, no issues. Top speed is around 36.

I am in the process of re-wiring the 2018 RXV with Navitas and s51105p roypow. I didn’t like how the shunt (renogy battery meter) was installed. As part of this I had to contact roypow and 18650battery - where I purchased the roypow. I was confused as to how the brake resistor was wired. Come to find out the brake resistor wires - one goes to the brake resistor port on the battery and the other goes to the battery negative post. The manual does not mention this and the tech support guy at 18650battery stated he just learned this hookup. The two wires from the brake resistor have different ring terminal sizes, which is why I was confused and reached out to tech support. Really good tech support from 18650battery.

I’ll get this installed over the next few days and give it a test.
Old 12-31-2022, 03:48 PM   #10
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

First issue with the Ecobattery - left house with 52% charge, got one mile from house and battery meter went to 4%. Immediately turned around and went home. Charged battery to 100%, drove it today, no issues. Weird situation.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO