lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2022, 04:08 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: please help with battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Specs are good if they're accurate, Price is good, but risk is high and regardless of what they say, warranty will be very awkward to claim. You will most likely receive the goods though. You will get full shipping data, along with the name of the vessel that you can track with a ship tracker app.

Shipping is EXW-Dallas. I would assume you would have to pick the item up from some Logistics company in Dallas. Also, EXW doesn't include customs clearance and fees, but since it's EXW-Dallas and not EXW-China, it may. You would need to clarify this. Shipping and customs is where direct importing gets tricky and possibly expensive. If you've never cleared anything through customs before, be prepared for a steep learning curve.

Lead time is 30-40 days after payment. That's the time for the item to be ready for shipping. Add at least another 45 days or thereabouts for sea shipping. An item like that would not be air freighted. Best case scenario is 2.5 months from time of payment. Worst case is ??????, Depends on the supplier being able to book a spot on a vessel, or fill a container for shipping to your location.

I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of products from China and all were delivered. The biggest single purchase was over $4000. I purchased knowing not to rely on warranty, although the one time I needed it, the company just sent me a new item, no questions asked. But it was a low value item, $100 or so.

On an item like a golf cart battery, I would expect the warranty would involve you doing your own fault finding to identify the failed part (cell, BMS etc.) and then the company shipping you a new part to install yourself. Shipping to China and back again would be cost and time prohibitive.

The above is often overlooked when purchasing directly from overseas. Companies like AliExpress make it much, much easier but are also more expensive than purchasing directly from the manufacturer because of all the steps and the extra costs involved.

You now have plenty of information to make an informed decision.

Cheers
Pat.
I have also purchased thousands through china directly and many many times that from china through middlemen.
I have had cases where the support wasnt great either way but I cant think of any purchase I made where I thought I got burned or made a bad choice.

Ive had multiple chinese suppliers send me replacements free of charge when I had an issue and sometimes even for the smallest issues where I was still able to use or repair the first item.

A few years ago I made a couple very large purchases through a vendor I met in alibaba. They make brewing equipment that is sold by multiple resellers including one of the largest nano brewing equipment supplier in the states.
By purchasing from the manufacturer direct even after tariffs and customs I paid half of what the reseller wanted and literally saved over 16 grand... And yes I agree theres some risk with the warranty. I guess its a personal choice. keep in mind though that you can likely buy 2 of these batteries vs buying one from somewhere else with a better warranty.

Personally, I havent seen anyone in this forum actually complain of a battery they bought from china but I have seen some poor experiences reported from some US supplier including one case where the battery company told the customer they needed to spend an additional 2 grand on more batteries to fix their poor performance and even then the issue remained because the batteries were cheaply made with a lower nominal voltage below what the customers old lead acid batteries had.

From what the link showed they accept protected payments such as paypal so I dont really see how theres "no recourse". In fact I would be pretty confident myself, that I would get what I ordered from there.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium