lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2022, 11:51 AM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: ElCon charger ZEVA BMS...and a charging "thing"

Well, I seem to have some "other issues" when I was messing around with my setup.

My ZEVA touch screen is giving me some issues. I can "touch" through the different display settings, and then when I hold my finger on the touch screen to enter "SETUP"...I can get into the setup data. However, I cannot, hitting the touch screen button, get the "EXIT SETUP" to respond.

I can reset the BMS with the "sleep" switch, but when I do that any changes I made in Setup are not saved.

So....I don't know if this is a ZEVA BMS issue, or a touch screen issue. Or if it's possibly a wire\connect issue between the touch screen and the unit.

I've sent an email to Ian for a response, but on his website he has stated he no longer sells the ZEVA BMS, but he will respond to previous clients inquiries.

I'm going to search the web and see if there are any US ZEVA dealers that can provide me with any help.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2022, 02:02 PM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I thought perhaps the ZEVA touch screen issue may have been the wiring behind the screen. The screen has been "bantered about a bit" over the last week, so I pulled out the wires, cut them back, and re-inserted. That was not the issue.

Touch screen is acting veery funky. Touch it where there is suppose to be "nothing" but it will move to another setting. Touch where you're suppose to.....get nothing...then suddenly get something.

Doesn't appear to be a physical issue with the screen. I can change\use icons that appear at the screen bottom.....but when in setup mode, and to use the exit button located at the bottom of the screen.....nothing happens.

Software issue? I dunno if these can be reset or not.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:21 PM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds like the touch calibration is off, i.e. the screen doesn’t know where you’re actually touching it. Is there a screen or touch calibration setting in the menus anywhere.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 04:50 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Sounds like the touch calibration is off, i.e. the screen doesn’t know where you’re actually touching it. Is there a screen or touch calibration setting in the menus anywhere.
No. I’ve never come across that nor is there any instructions to that. I did manage to change a few settings before it went wonky. I set the pack charge to 56v and the “full charge “ setting to 55v.

I know that “leaves some on the table” , but I need to check the charger issue first…as soon as I can figure out how to test the output of a smart charger….the issue that started it all.

For the screen....(see pic below....even though this screen pic doesn't have Icon buttons)....You have to touch it below where the actual icon is. And the "leave settings" button is located at the bottom....thus off the screen and unable to work.

Old 11-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I'm wondering if I just remove the power to the BMS, then re-connect if that would reset the touch screen??

Any thoughts?
Old 11-19-2022, 06:33 PM   #16
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

What you’re describing are the exact symptoms for a touchscreen that is incorrectly calibrated.

You’ve got nothing to loose trying that except if the BMS looses all its settings, but I doubt that very much as I would expect the settings to be stored in non-volatile RAM.
Old 11-20-2022, 11:34 AM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Pulled the power from the BMS. Gave it some time to bleed out any power. Reconnected it and back to the same issue.

I did use my MM to check the voltage of each cell & compared to the BMS & all checked out. All volts are the same in each cell compared to MM.

I don’t know what makes a touch screen work. I assume some piece of software. But…I also would think the hardware plays a part.
Old 11-20-2022, 03:21 PM   #18
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Both hardware and software plays a part. On some devices you can go into a screen calibration mode which puts objects on the screen and you touch where they are. The software then maps your touches to the correct location for the icons. Looks like your Zeva doesn’t have this setup option in the menus.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:45 AM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok....I managed to find a replacement LED touch screen. The new part appears identical to the existing screen, and the voltages, size, pin hook up all appear identical.

So, if it's wrong or doesn't help, I'm out the $16. I can live with that.

Ordered off of Aliexpress.....says delivery by Dec 13th. We shall see.

I'll update when the part gets here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO