lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2022, 10:55 AM   #11
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Sevcon 656/12036 voltage

Does the contactor momentarily click in when key first turned on? It may be just a bad contactor where it either doesn’t kick in, kicks in but the posts aren’t closing, or the resistance of the contactor coil is too high/low. The coil would measure 52 ohms.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2022, 10:57 AM   #12
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

https://evtechnicalservices.com/blog...arcar-vehicles
Old 11-01-2022, 07:33 PM   #13
Tennessee Toby
Not Yet Wild

It being dead isn’t a result of extended down time. They drove it across the property and when they wanted to come back k it wouldn’t move.
When I turn the key on I can hear the momentary “click” so a switch, relay or solenoid it actuating, but nothing else happens mechanically. I’ll put the meter on it tomorrow and see if I can find what clicks learn more.
Tennessee Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:29 AM   #14
Tennessee Toby
Not Yet Wild

When the key is turned on the contacts clicks and closes it’s contact sending battery voltage back out and to the mail control unit. However it is only closed for a second then drops out again. I checked the voltage at the two small wires that activate the contact (while off the contact) and the power comes on with the key for approximately one second and then it’s gone. It appears that something is dropping the power TO the contact
Old 11-02-2022, 11:38 AM   #15
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The two small spade terminals.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:41 AM   #16
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Two other things to check:
1. For that split second it engages can you measure the b+ and b- at the controller. It should equal battery pack voltage.

2. Pin one of the main wiring harness (it’s the lower left pin while it’s plugged in). Unplug it and it should also equal battery pack voltage when the key is turned on.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:35 PM   #17
Tennessee Toby
Not Yet Wild

When the contact closes (brief second) B1 & B2 have battery voltage across them. The main harness connector has battery voltage on the bottom left pin when unplugged. It has consistent battery voltage, not just the one second the contact is closed.

What I feel like is happening: somewhere between the two activation wires (small black and red) on the contact and the key switch it’s dropping power. Is there a relay or safety switch of some kind between the key switch and the small wires to the contact solenoid?

Even with these two small solenoid/contact wires unplugged and the meter hooked to them, when I turn the key on power only goes to them for a second. So the problem seems to be from there back to the key.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #18
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

If the controller senses an issue it shuts down on purpose. You may need to pull the motor and check the brushes.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:36 PM   #19
Tennessee Toby
Not Yet Wild

Just for giggles I removed ALL the wires feeding the motor and isolated them to see if the power to the solenoid (from the key) would still kick off after one second. It does.

With the motor completely removed from the circuit the power TO the solenoid still goes away after 1 second of turning key on. The controller still flashes 4 lights with motor removed from circuit
Old 11-03-2022, 08:08 AM   #20
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

It will because the controller sees a problem with the circuit being incomplete.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar