lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2022, 10:54 AM   #1
jetfixr
Not Yet Wild

Default Roypow install in Yamaha

I am gradually upgrading my Yamaha Drive2. First came the Navitas controller to get around the speed limitation. After putting that in, I found my cart could use a little more oomph in the battery department. After much saving and waiting my Roypow battery finally came in. It arrived, and although it looked stout enough, I was underwhelmed by the lack of instructions and accessories. It is not what I would call plug-n-play. First off there was a bracket kit that is universal and looked like it will be pretty useless for my install. I will need to modify my battery tray and figuring out something for battery hold-downs shouldn't be too tough. Also their all no battery cables included and the stock cables will need to be extended. What gauge wiring should be used? Will the stock solenoid be adequate? They also sent along this huge resistor, I guess it has something to do with the regen braking, although in all the online install videos I have seen, its installation is never shown. The only thing I can find online is that this is not to be installed in the battery tray, but underneath the cart. Wouldn't it get wet in the rain? How is it wired in? Although the battery itself looks to be solid it would go a long way if they could include just a little bit of guidance on installation, especially for the price.
jetfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!