Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2022, 01:12 PM   #11
bobbyg68
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: Older Cushman cart, info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner7800 View Post
I have quite a bit of fiberglass repair to do as well, which is not something I'm experience in, but I think I have a good grasp of it. Might have to have you give me some pointers I assume you will strip the paint, what will you use to do that?
I was able to find a lot of parts and the manuals here https://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/Category/cushman. I may have to bribe you for anything you don't need, lol. I'd really like to find some replacement trim pieces that run along the edges of the floor board and the ball box that sits between the seats. Mine are in pretty rough shape.
I'm fortunate to have all of the canopy pieces to work with as well. It has a broken cross piece that I'll replace and I have a local company that can make the canvas top. I also got lucky with a family friend who has a bunch of Cushman stuff. He had a couple old carts that share a lot of the same parts as mine and let me rob some pieces.
I am learning fiberglass repair on the fly myself, I am not sure how to strip the paint without desolving the fiberglass as well, my plan was to lightly sand and fill cracks and divets with body putty. I have purchased some after market parts from vintagegolfcartparts but i've been able to repair most of the OEM parts on my cart and that frame assy. i picked up. the spare parts I have left are mainly frame, steering and drivetrain parts, the rear axel case is cracked but the internal gears and shafts are intact if i ever bust anything. I will add a canopy some time in the future. I am trying to repair the primary drive clutch but unable find any info on it, I believe it's original equipment, Salsbury Corp. cast in the aluminium housing, the center hub that slides onto the keyed 1 in. shaft is bent and i have a friend trying to straighten it, he says he can machine a new one but it would be cheaper to replace the entire clutch with an aftermarket. I do not have any extra trim parts, I have only ever seen one other cart on FB for sale last year that had the same body as our carts, I did run across a sales brochure with a pic of our cart on it, should have bought it. going to be working on the cart over the winter and hope to post some pics when finished.
bobbyg68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2022, 12:54 PM   #12
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do have any tips on fiberglass work? I have a old Harley that needs fiberglass work put I’m scared of making worse than it is now
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 05:18 PM   #13
Gunner7800
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
Do have any tips on fiberglass work? I have a old Harley that needs fiberglass work put I’m scared of making worse than it is now
I wish I did. I plan on doing a little at a time and see how it goes. Not sure if there are any Youtube videos I haven't seen on the subject.
Gunner7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:32 PM   #14
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh ok I guess I’ll bug my friend Tony he has done a lot of fiberglass work hopefully he isn’t still to mad about me running into his Harley at least he claims I did I didn’t he backed into something he just won’t admit to it
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cushman
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration