lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2022, 03:02 PM   #1
westcoaster
Not Yet Wild

Default Eco Battery "Skinny" 51v/105Ah Dimensions

Does anyone have the dimensions of the Eco Battery 51v/105Ah Skinny?
I didn't see the specs on the website. I emailed but haven't heard back yet. I'm working on a "custom" install.
Thanks..
westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2022, 05:30 PM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Eco Battery "Skinny" 51v/105Ah Dimensions

Might try contacting dallas@ecobattery on this forum or sending him a pm.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 10:28 PM   #3
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
Does anyone have the dimensions of the Eco Battery 51v/105Ah Skinny?
I didn't see the specs on the website. I emailed but haven't heard back yet. I'm working on a "custom" install.
Thanks..
here you go.

https://ecobattery.com/s/product/det...c00000O7atvAAB
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EPSON001.PDF (9.60 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf EPSON002.PDF (11.45 MB, 0 views)
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 09:40 AM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcasperson View Post
if size is a factor Uno Batteries have the same footprint as an 8V Lead acid, just taller
For what its worth the uno and eco batteries are two different types of lithium batteries. and it matters for a couple reasons...

Uno uses 3.7v NMC cells which typically have a third the useful life expectancy of the lifepo4 (lithium iron phosphate) cells used in the eco batteries.

The advantage of NMC lithium ion is they pack more power in a smaller package but thats also one of the reasons they earned the bad rap for batteries catching fire.

The advantage of lifepo4 is they are much safer statistically and can last anywhere from 2000 to 6000 cycles and up to 20 years depending on application and how they are cycled... a golf cart is similiar to an EV application and they are rated for at least 2000 cycles in that heavy 1c or higher drain application. (lead acid is good for 500-700 typically)
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 10:24 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

NMC have plenty of life expectancy if you treat them correctly. Tesla warrantees their battery for 8 years. I have NMC in my cart that I have been using daily for over 6 years and they perform like the day I installed them. (used Leaf cells) IMO, NMC are better but harder to obtain than LiFEPO4. I have no current limitations within reason with my Leaf cells. I expect to get at least 10 years out of my home built packs and by then I hope there are better options than today's drop-in's. They are getting better but many are marginal on discharge current performance. The EV industry is mostly NMC for good reason.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 10:34 AM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

https://www.asiafinancial.com/tesla-...losely-watched

I don't doubt what's being said about NMC batteries here. They are constantly improving as well but typically they still only have about half of the life of lithium iron phosphate. When looking at older leaf and prius cells you can see the battery technology has been changing and shifting As I imagine it will constantly do in the future. When I bought my cells I could have bought the nmc version for a bit less as they sell both so im not sure how difficult they really are to buy. they are a lot less commonly sold for DIY though it seems so that may be true.

Anyway I don't expect people to take my word for it I'm just saying it's something a person should research on their own before making the decision. they both have advantages but are different and ill leave it at that.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:57 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When I built my first pack in early 2016, you could not get anything but NMC for the current requirements we have. The Leaf modules were really well suited for our use because they could be configured any way you want. (Almost - as each module is four cells in 2S2P configuration.) Not so anymore. Most if not all EV's have very custom designed battery systems that are not as easy to separate into smaller modules that give the proper number of cells for 50V operation. Number of cycles isn't an issue for our use either. I use mine almost every day and I charge once a week so that's about 50 cycles per year. I forget the specs on these cells but it's probably good for more than 20 years. Tesla has a good battery life track record with their Panasonic cells.
Old 11-12-2022, 04:18 PM   #8
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

The life expectancy of any lithium cell, regardless of chemistry is more dependent upon battery management than anything else. Treat them well and they will thank you, abuse them and they will punish you.

As many members here already know, I use the Leaf cells as well, but the battery management in the original Nissan Leaf was terrible, hence the very high battery degradation the Leaf is known for. Like Volt_Ampare, I’ve experienced no further degradation in the last two years on my already very degraded Leaf cells.

Having said that, I would use LiFePO4 cells if redoing the exercise today.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 05:02 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

One big problem with the original Leaf was battery temperature management. They were only air cooled and in hotter climates, they had lots of early battery degradation. I had a few friends in Colorado that had fairly early Leafs and they had no issues with them but in Phoenix, Az, they were a failure. My first Leaf modules came out of a very low mileage crashed Leaf and were in very good condition. It's almost impossible to find anything like that now. Newer Leafs use a very different battery configuration that does not lend itself as well to golf cart use. I got a pair of newer ones that were each 7S which work great but I think you only get four of these 7S modules out of a Leaf pack, the rest are some other configuration. If I build another pack (not likely until one of mine dies) I will have to search for something different. Since I don't know when that will be, I don't know what it will be. :-)
Old 11-12-2022, 05:04 PM   #10
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
One big problem with the original Leaf was battery temperature management. They were only air cooled and in hotter climates, they had lots of early battery degradation. I had a few friends in Colorado that had fairly early Leafs and they had no issues with them but in Phoenix, Az, they were a failure. My first Leaf modules came out of a very low mileage crashed Leaf and were in very good condition. It's almost impossible to find anything like that now. Newer Leafs use a very different battery configuration that does not lend itself as well to golf cart use. I got a pair of newer ones that were each 7S which work great but I think you only get four of these 7S modules out of a Leaf pack, the rest are some other configuration. If I build another pack (not likely until one of mine dies) I will have to search for something different. Since I don't know when that will be, I don't know what it will be. :-)
This site might come in handy.
https://batteryhookup.com/collections/whats-new
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium