lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2022, 01:46 PM   #21
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: eco battery gen 2 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsehc View Post
I got to investigating the cause and found that driver side rear leaf spring had sprung as it were...( probably from towing trailers of materials at job sites and towing the raft around...) So I am now installing new heavy duty leaf springs and coil over shocks..
Getting one side to flatten happens, especially on the drivers side since there's always someone there when riding, the passenger side goes empty sometimes.

But you're adding HD springs and coil over springs??? That coil is another spring... I'd pick one or the other, not both as you'd be double-sprung and it'd be stiff as hell. There are dual action springs too. They act like stock springs when you don't have too much weight on the cart but act like HD springs when you have extra passengers and trailer weight and whatnot.

I use Dual Action springs on my cart and it works great for me. I highly recommend you look at those before buyinhg HD. Especially with the reduciton in weight from the lithium conversion. HD springs will give a harsh ride.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2022, 02:07 PM   #22
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

uuuummm it does do wheelies going up my driveway lol
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:17 PM   #23
coosa
Gone Wild

I agree that you don't want HD springs on that cart. I thought I needed them on one because it has a homemade rear bed and sometimes hauls a lot of weight on the farm. Even 3 years later, it is still a very rough ride. We've had 4 people and a deer on it, so it's strong, but still very rough.

I read about the dual action springs on here and tried them when I had to replace the springs on my other cart. It rides miles better with those springs, and still doesn't collapse when overloaded.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 01:45 PM   #24
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally back...workload is over the top, but with a break in the action here is the latest. Bronson and Coosa read your posts and decided to keep the heavy duty leafs due to the fact that i haul heavy materials at the job sites with it, but decided to go ahead and just use stock shocks. does ride a bit stiffer, but handles the trailer quite nicely, so there's the trade off. Realigned the front end to approx. 1/8 toe in and it now handles very well. Well enough in fact to really test the potential of the new set up. The combination of Navitas, Eco battery and Plum quick is everything i had hoped for and more! Cart accelerates quite quickly, and with the extra torque from the Crocodile motor will climb just about anything with no lugging or slowing down. Pics are the Plum Quick crocodile motor, and battery tray set up.Will now close off open space in battery area with some plexiglass and the always obligatory green LEDs to match the existing underglow, and then will wait for inspiration for the next silly thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leaf spings.jpg (137.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg motor.jpg (148.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg motor battery wiring.jpg (191.1 KB, 0 views)
nutsehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:40 PM   #25
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Great thread. I am currently doing the exact conversation on 2000 Ezgo TXT. Can you tell me what you did with the reed switch wire when you installed the new shore power. I under stand one end goes to the positive side of the battery......where does the other end go? I only ask because I can't get my solonoid to click and the controller to turn on. I know it's the reed switch wire because it is the only thing different in the set up.
msporter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 08:37 PM   #26
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Fascinating Jim!!! ( Leonard Nimoy quote..) looks like it would want wheelie if you stepped on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msporter10 View Post
Great thread. I am currently doing the exact conversation on 2000 Ezgo TXT. Can you tell me what you did with the reed switch wire when you installed the new shore power. I under stand one end goes to the positive side of the battery......where does the other end go? I only ask because I can't get my solonoid to click and the controller to turn on. I know it's the reed switch wire because it is the only thing different in the set up.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:23 PM   #27
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just followed it from the OEM Charger through the plastic wire loom to the connection on the passengers side, (there was a spade clip that connected it to the controller) Cut it there and connected the end from the controller to the main battery positive with ring connector.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:53 PM   #28
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Latest bit on the conversion...Decided I wanted to be able to showcase the ECO battery and Plum Quick Crocodile motor combination. Added a little glow to the situation!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ECO 1.jpg (204.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Eco 2.jpg (152.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2023, 08:24 PM   #29
msporter10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Latest bit on the conversion...Decided I wanted to be able to showcase the ECO battery and Plum Quick Crocodile motor combination. Added a little glow to the situation!

Looks good! How much run time are you getting off a charge in comparison to lead acid?
Old 01-31-2023, 10:46 AM   #30
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Haven't really done a truly extended run time test as it were...but can run it through 3 days of 18 holes,etc without needing a charge, and run faster, w/ more torque due to it removing 320 lbs from the cart! LA really needed charging after 27 holes to keep them above 50% SOC.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO