lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2022, 10:46 AM   #1
mmaxyoung427
Not Yet Wild

Default Minimum AH require to match stock Lead Acid 48v YDRE

Hi everybody, after reading a lot of the lithium conversion threads it looks like almost everyone went with at least 60ah and are getting better range. Obviously the most AH you can afford is the best option, but what is minimum a golf cart can run on? My 8 year old trojans need replacement and it would be a no brainer to go lithium at $1300, but at $2600 if i need two is a different story.

Looking at specs the Trojans are listed at 5hr, 20hr, 100hr AH ratings, whereas the lithium options seem to list just 1 AH rating, but i could be missing something.

My question is what is the minimum AH for lithium to replace the mileage of the lead acid battery packs? Would a single 48v relion 30/ah be sufficient considering the weight reduction to match stock range? Also would a single 30ah lithium handle the amperage pull of going uphill?

My use is very limited in a campground with slight grades. We really only ever have 2 adults, 2 kids going 1 mile to a lake and back, or 2 miles to the lodge, 4 mile round trip. So even if i got 10 miles of range that would be more than i would ever use in a day. Cart is completely stock besides rear seat and lights.
mmaxyoung427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2022, 01:41 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Minimum AH require to match stock Lead Acid 48v YDRE

The answer is no. 30AH is not sufficient. If you want the range you would have with most FLA, you really want 100AH Lithium with 60 being the absolute minimum I would consider. Along with AH you need to consider what maximum amperage your pack can deliver. More AH usually also means more maximum amps.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 02:04 PM   #3
mmaxyoung427
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for that. So really 3 allied 48v lithium batts providing 90AH would be the minimum recommended, and at $3100 vs $1300 for Trojans I think i'll get more use out of Trojan batts and a riot kit for $1400.
I'm sure the price will come down by the next time i need batteries! would love to drop 300 pounds of weight and have no maintenance
mmaxyoung427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 02:21 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You are probably right. Lithium right now is about 2X the cost of good FLA batteries - but they should last way longer which makes the cost more equal in the long run. I am not hopeful for Lithium getting much cheaper because of the push for more Electric cars which is driving the demand for Lithium way up. Time will tell on that one.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:45 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaxyoung427 View Post
Thank you for that. So really 3 allied 48v lithium batts providing 90AH would be the minimum recommended, and at $3100 vs $1300 for Trojans I think i'll get more use out of Trojan batts and a riot kit for $1400.
I'm sure the price will come down by the next time i need batteries! would love to drop 300 pounds of weight and have no maintenance
When I bought my G22, it had brand new off-brand batteries (6x8v) and a brand new 300a Alltrax controller. I contacted Don and got the Riot Kit, less the 500a Alltrax.

Lifted on 22" Sahara Classics, I can cruise at 25, with a little more there if I want it. Very impressed with the setup. With a 500a controller, the cart would fly. This is my first electric cart.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:08 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I've been testing the Eco 72AH battery in a big tire cart with FSIP motor. It runs longer than the conventional batteries for sure, and it's faster too.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:12 PM   #7
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

For me the minimal maintenance was big factor to go lithium....
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:14 PM   #8
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

We suggest our 72Ah batteries as a comparable replacement for stock lead acids. Many of our customers have claimed a slight increase over their stock batteries, especially leads acids that have any sort of age.

If you're looking for something with increased range, we have our 105Ah single packs as well as 144Ah and 210Ah parallel options.
Dallas@Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha