lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Other Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2022, 05:56 PM   #11
GrizzlyBear
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Evolution Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinney1308 View Post
Any chance you can PM me the details as well? I have a 2022 Evolution Classic Plus and I need to increase the acceleration rate. It is very slow to accelerate.
Thanks!
I too am in the same situation with my 2022 EVolution Classic. Can you PM please? Did you get the software? I have the connector to go from the controller to the computer. Looking for information on software and parameters that have been working for anyone else. Thanks
GrizzlyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2022, 06:59 PM   #12
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes I have the cables. See http://evo.cartcables.com to verify which type you need. The software can be downloaded. I do not sell the software. Some of you guys do not have enough posts to use the message function here. Email me cartcables@yahoo.com or get your post count higher than 5!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:55 PM   #13
Jimmzz1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
I have them. PM sent.
I have the opposite problem. And my wife can't drive the **** thing. The thing fly's but the problem is that even on the low setting the throttle is so sensitive it's impossible to go at a consistent speed. Would very much appreciate a PM.
Jimmzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #14
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmzz1 View Post
I have the opposite problem. And my wife can't drive the **** thing. The thing fly's but the problem is that even on the low setting the throttle is so sensitive it's impossible to go at a consistent speed. Would very much appreciate a PM.
You can adjust the acceleration/ throttle response in the software, I do not know the parameters for it but it can be adjusted from what I understand. I know you can adjust the speed for both the high and low speeds. You can also adjust the acceleration rate. The evolution uses 2 different controllers- a curtis and also the 2022 models are using a private branded evolution controller, they use 2 different software programs to make changes to the settings.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:43 AM   #15
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I do not have an Evolution, but joined this sub forum to see if I could help out a friend. I do however have the same problem with my Advanced EV cart and nothing in the software has made a difference, and I would bet the same for you. Not sure if the Evolution uses the same type of accelerator, but the Advanced EV uses a hall effect sensor based system with an accelerator switch. The switch simply ensures that if the cart is turned on while the pedal is depressed, it will not move until the pedal is first released and then pressed again. It's a safety feature. The hall effect pedal should send out a signal proportional to how far the pedal is depressed. On my cart it sends out the full 5 volt signal when the pedal is only depressed about half of it's full travel, so it is very difficult to regulate the speed. I compared it to a neighbor's cart with the same settings and his reaches only about 3 volts at half travel and full output at about 90%, so the only thing different is the pedal assembly itself. No amount of changes in the software will fix that.
AdvancedEVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:20 PM   #16
rpark1957
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
I have them. PM sent.
Hate to be a PIA, but I'd like to get my hands on the SW myself. I just bought a 2022 Evolution Forester 4 Plus with the Evolution controller. This is the only option my search has produced so far. Thanks in advance!
rpark1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 07:29 AM   #17
Brent_Blacke
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Can anyone point me to a thread reviewing the Evolution product line? From what it looks like to me, you can't beat the bang for the buck vs other LSV manufacturers, but want to make sure I'm not wasting $10K vs spending $11-12K on something of significantly higher quality?
Brent_Blacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 12:12 PM   #18
Chyzm345
Not Yet Wild

I have the newer 2022 Evolution cart and with the cable and software I am able to adjust the speed config but can’t figure out where the acceleration setting is. Had anyone had any luck with increasing the acceleration and what is the parameter name?
Chyzm345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 06:45 AM   #19
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyzm345 View Post
I have the newer 2022 Evolution cart and with the cable and software I am able to adjust the speed config but can’t figure out where the acceleration setting is. Had anyone had any luck with increasing the acceleration and what is the parameter name?
Calibration -> traction motor -> motor acceleration coeffiecent %. It’s 0-200 range. Set it to 175-200.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:47 AM   #20
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpark1957 View Post
Hate to be a PIA, but I'd like to get my hands on the SW myself. I just bought a 2022 Evolution Forester 4 Plus with the Evolution controller. This is the only option my search has produced so far. Thanks in advance!
I make the cables, the software you download. You need more posts to send messages. See cartcables.com for more info.

Tags
4pin, canbus, curtis, evolution
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Other Lithium