lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 01:15 AM   #1
Emyers10
Not Yet Wild

Default 2021 Yamaha Drive 2 quietech gas

Is there any way to adjust speed higher than 19 mph?
Emyers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2020, 08:22 PM   #2
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2021 Yamaha Drive 2 quietech gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emyers10 View Post
Is there any way to adjust speed higher than 19 mph?
Yes. You can adjust the governor. Do a search, there is nothing special about the newer carts. Same instructions. Basically tighten the nut on the governor arm.
brian_tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:47 PM   #3
Rick in Ohio
Not Yet Wild

I had a buddy ask me the some thing just last night. I told him it’s easy all it take is a wire tie on the governor spring but don’t tighten it too tight.
Rick in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:54 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yep both of the above methods work just fine...we tighten them all the time for folks in The Villages here in FL
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Yep both of the above methods work just fine...we tighten them all the time for folks in The Villages here in FL
How about longevity of the engines after doing just that? I am trying to research this QuietTec engine for longevity.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:19 PM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

We haven't had any issues with the motors so far as it really isn't pushing them anywhere close to it limitations ..that being said assuring proper oil level and maintenance always has a lot to do with the longevity of any motor
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:33 PM   #7
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
We haven't had any issues with the motors so far as it really isn't pushing them anywhere close to it limitations ..that being said assuring proper oil level and maintenance always has a lot to do with the longevity of any motor
Thank you. It’s good to know. I have read about heat issues causing some engine failure but that was only one post and I am trying to make what will be the last cart purchase for us. My 09 RXV was bran new and I did the work myself to get it where it is today but it has given us 11 years of service so a new one would be nice.
Club Car seems to have changed engines from Subaru to Kohler and E-Z-Go has the weak point of the rear axles and hubs. I hope to get something that will last us another 10 plus years. I wanted to spec out a cart with Plowman's in Flint but I have always been the kind of guy that has to see and feel what I am buying and I am not sure what he has on the floor if anything.
I almost bought a 2021 Express but a hitch is a must for us as we drag a lawn cart, lawn roller and plugger around the place. The plastic and aluminum floor for the rear seat does NOT look sturdy enough for a hitch.
I was told to look at one of the utility carts but we like the look of a lifted cart as we both agree, "its not how fast you get there, its how good you look along the way", LOL.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha