lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
Rookie1957
Not Yet Wild

Default Modified 1998 Bombadier NEV (NEW TO FORUM)

I have a 1998 Bombadier bought it a year ago, It is a 72volt dc NEV. Got it running by putting new batteries and a new charger in it. It soon broke down and I troubleshot it to the controller. Could not find one anywhere. So I rewired the car to work with a Curtis 1205m-6b403 400amp controller. It was not easy but I got it to turn the tires while it was jacked up. Could go forward and reverse with about 1/10th throttle than it would stop turning trying to give it any more throttle. Getting only 12-14 volts through the controller. Bought another controller with the same symptoms. The controller works off of 0-6 ohms throttle and I have tried 2 different throttles both with good readings on my volt meter. I am not getting any faults on the controller, and moter is only turning about 1 mph with no tourque. Anyone know where I can send this controller to see if it is programmed correctly? Any ideas would be helpful. I already have a lot more money in it than it is worth.
Rookie1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie1957
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Modified 1998 Bombadier NEV (NEW TO FORUM)

I sent the controller out to check the programming to CAPS Services. the controller checked out good and the programming correct. looks like i am on my own to figure this out.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:01 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are other threads specifically on Bombadier NEVs. Might get you more help than the Columbia Par Car section.
https://buggiesgonewild.com/search.php?searchid=213585
Good luck. Those are neat little buggies - when they work.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:55 PM   #4
Rookie1957
Not Yet Wild

Found out what my problem is: the cutris controller i installed is for a series motor, the bombardier has a Shunt wound motor.
SOOO. I need to find a 72 volt controller that works with a shunt wound motor or find a 72 volt series motor that fits in my cart. Or power down to 48 volts and change them both out
Old 03-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #5
Rookie1957
Not Yet Wild

finally ordered an alltrax controller and recieved it, rewired cart to work with the controller but had a problem with my 0-5 ohm throttle. replaced it along with some HD troubleshooting and finally got it running. top speed is 35 mph and will spin the tires in dirt. been along time coming but glad I stuck with it.
need cosmetic parts if any one has some!
Old 12-28-2022, 05:31 PM   #6
Hazelhoff
Not Yet Wild

Rooky, I need help on my 1997 Momb. NEV
Hazelhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar