lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2021, 04:03 PM   #21
Nflight
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Reversing Contactor Delayed OFF Timer Idea

Don’t want to highjack this thread but I am looking at installing the delay relay and reversing contactor on my ‘95 CC Villager. I drew up a wiring schematic and am a little confused about the connection the the main solenoid. According to Sergio’s diagram one side of the FNR switch would go to terminal 15 of the delay timer and the positive side of the solenoid. Is that correct? What will make the solenoid engage when the pedal is pressed when the FNR switch is in F or R?

Nflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2022, 07:28 PM   #22
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Sorry to anyone that hates thread resurrection, but it’s still on topic…

I have a 99 DS with the ScottyB RC conversion package going on 4 or 5 years I guess, and I like it a lot, however, the constant clicking is annoying and that led me to search the forums and find this thread. The additional benefits of extending the life of my expensive contactors is also appealing.

For my positive voltage source to the RC coils, I was previously using the old FNR lever microswitch #1 white/ black and green/white wires that were tied together. The RC contactor pulled in and out with the foot pedal. I changed that today…

Today I ran a wire from the key switch (KSI ON position) to send power to the FNR rocker switch as my positive source for the RC coils. I just try to remember to either turn off the key switch or put the FNR rocker switch in neutral to deenergize the RC coil depending on how long the cart is sitting idle.

The reason for this post is that I’d like to also change the positive voltage source to the primary contactor. I have a MZJ400A primary contactor. I don’t know that I want to bypass the micro switch in the v-glide because I’m not sure whether or not its bad to change what power source causes the controller to energize.

What is the best/safest method to eliminate the primary contactor from pulling in every time the foot pedal is pressed? Is there any negative affect from bypassing the micro switch in the v-glide, causing both the primary contactor and controller to come on with the key switch? (Besides forgetting to turn the switch off)
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:26 PM   #23
SEHunter
Gone Wild

I decided to energize the primary contactor coil from the FNR rocker switch, same as how I currently have the reversing contactor coil wired. So key on alone won’t energize either coil until the FNR rocker switch is in either F or R. This way I’ll have no clicking from any contactors while driving until I change position of the FNR switch. All I have to remember is to put the rocker switch in Neutral when I’m sitting for a while, or either turn the key off. I like the idea of having the ability to deenergize all coils by having the FNR rocker switch in the Neutral position while keeping the key switch in the ON position so that my 48v to 12v voltage inverter is still energized so i can charge my phone with the 12v cigarette lighter port I have in the dash.
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:55 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

That is a option for keeping the contactors "always engaged" but, for me at least, having to remember one more thing to do, in order to prevent premature failure of the contacts.

This (IMHO) wouldn't work FOR ME. I keep my F\R switch in "R" when I travel to my hunting destination, and that takes a good 45 minutes on a good day. I wouldn't want the contactors to be closed that entire trip. (I need the cart in R so I can just bump the throttle when I'm unwinching the cart off my truck.

Just my $0.02
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:50 AM   #25
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

sergio, you still around?
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:55 AM   #26
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ellis View Post
sergio, you still around?
He hasn't visited or posted on this site in many months. I've sent him PM's inquiring of his health with no response.

I do fear this very helpful gentleman has experienced an outcome none of us would wish for. I can only say prayers that he is not experiencing any pain in his life or place.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:07 AM   #27
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
He hasn't visited or posted on this site in many months. I've sent him PM's inquiring of his health with no response.

I do fear this very helpful gentleman has experienced an outcome none of us would wish for. I can only say prayers that he is not experiencing any pain in his life or place.
yikes!

he is very informative. Hope all is well with him and he just left the forum.
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 10:25 AM   #28
cbdeese61
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What about JohnnyB? He has been off since 8/2022. Another one with more knowledge than I will ever experience. Has any one heard from him?
cbdeese61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 11:36 AM   #29
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdeese61 View Post
What about JohnnyB? He has been off since 8/2022. Another one with more knowledge than I will ever experience. Has any one heard from him?
I've tried to contact him as well. I don't know if he just lost interest or if he had something happen.

In any event I only hope he's healthy and enjoying life and family.....and hope he would check in here now and then. He helped me solve many electrical problems and get a better understanding of how electric carts work.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:36 PM   #30
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I've tried to contact him as well. I don't know if he just lost interest or if he had something happen.

In any event I only hope he's healthy and enjoying life and family.....and hope he would check in here now and then. He helped me solve many electrical problems and get a better understanding of how electric carts work.
I'm afraid that isn't the case, but I pray that it is. He was always so willing to helping think he really enjoyed helping people. He could tell you the technical stuff, then break it down for you to understand it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car