lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 Jakes Long Travel Alignment

Does anyone have a step by step write up or video of setting up the alignment on a Jakes long travel installed on a G29. I have seen the recommendations on specs but any tricks and tips would be appreciated.
Keperkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2019, 09:59 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Jakes Long Travel Alignment

No video, but here's what I do, works well for me.

1.) Find a 10 ft long straight edge. I use a piece of 1" angle steel.

2.) Use the straight edge and mark the front and rear center line of the cart. I usually lay the angle underneath the cart and line it up with the trailer hitch in the rear, and a bolt on the front frame hoop. Use your tape measure and a plumb bob to get it perfectly lined up. Mark it with chalk.

3.) Use the straight edge to extend the line in front of the cart, maybe 6-7 feet, and also to the rear.

4.) Draw a chalk line from the marks you made.

5.) Hold the straight edge on the side of the front tires, use the plumb bob to mark the location, then measure the distance from the tire line to the center line in both the front and rear. Note the difference.

6.) Adjust the tie rods until the lines are just slightly toed in toward the front. At 6 feet in front, I use 1" toe in and try that. Drive the cart around and test it out. Adjust as needed.

7.) I feel that slightly toed in is just right.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #3
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jack up cart and remove both front wheels and put on jack stands

I have a piece of angle iron that I have made to bolt on to 2 front wheel studs on both Driver and Passenger sides. I bolt them in place.

I angle measure the inside distance of the angle iron at the furthest point in the rear and the furthest point in the front. The bolt pattern on the angle iron is dead center and both pieces are a mirror image of one another.'

I have adjusted this to 1/8" Toe in the front but found that was too much and I now do 1/16" and it seems fine. I also tried 0" and that was not adequate either.

Now if I can figure out the God Da#n camber adjustment I would be good to go. The company said there is not an issue they are adjusted from the factory. I call BULL on that!!! You have to take the bolts completely out and turn the heims, bolt back together and measure. Take the bolts out completely out and turn heims, bolt back together and measure. Rinse, Repeat...
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 11:11 AM   #4
yamahauler98
Getting Wild
Yamaha

did you ever get the caster camber figured out if so what degrees did you set them too my jakes kit came with the heims so loose when i assembled the kit both tires were laying to the right
yamahauler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:18 AM   #5
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahauler98 View Post
did you ever get the caster camber figured out if so what degrees did you set them too my jakes kit came with the heims so loose when i assembled the kit both tires were laying to the right
I did and I also moved and have my papers all over. I called Jakes and they "warned me" not to change the alignment because everything was set at the factory. Whateverdudes! I got mine dialed in and have been driving for a few years and love it, first time since I put the Jakes front end on.

I just bought new shocks and chromoly heims and buying new hardware and I will be recording my alignment numbers. The only thing I hate is you have to take the a-arm off to adjust the heims which is not easy with one person but I did it.

I will post up once I get the info in the coming few weeks. I am working in the yard also and that needs to be done first
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts