lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2022, 10:36 PM   #31
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extreeeeeme DC! Power Wheels...

Crazy, I looked at my old posts, seeing where the trail went cold...

Little Buddy isn't so little any more... He's not yet 13 but has long since outgrown the Power Wheels. He ran that till it half-stripped out the plastic gears (which really took more abuse than I thought they would)... I pulled out the Fiat lithium pack and ditched the PW. Thought I might use the pack someday, but still it sits in my garage.

Never hooked up the horn and lights, they were there just not finished. He just ran that as is and the other stuff just wasn't necessary.

In case you're wondering, the motors held up just fine to the 20V lithium pack. I did add the cooling fins and the resistor to make braking easier. But the nothing-to-full-throttle transition was fine with plastic wheels. I never added the LV warning or cutoff. Turns out the kids got tired of running it before the pack was low. The plastic gears did eventually go, but he wasn't/isn't a small kid so if you're doing something similar with a smaller kid then you will get more life out of those gears. One thing I do know is that after I added the braking resistor it was easier on the gears but he didn't like driving it as much. Before the dead short would lock the rear wheels and he'd J-slide the assend around. After the resistor mod the plastic wheels would maintain traction enough that he couldn't make the J turn. It lasted longer but it makes it less fun, so that was a swing-and-miss on my part.

I also realized I never posted any pics... So looking on my laptop I see I have three! The Fiat pack (with a 4ah 20v on top for comparison), the cart as a work in progress and little buddy helping me out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery.jpg (301.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Fitment1.jpg (524.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Helper.jpg (1.11 MB, 0 views)
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2022, 05:59 AM   #32
DaveTM
Gone Wild

YOU....are a good man!

Just wanted to tell you that!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:46 AM   #33
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
YOU....are a good man!

Just wanted to tell you that!
Thank you Dave! I once asked God make me a better man so He sent me an amazing wife! This forum has been good to me.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium