lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2023, 08:29 AM   #41
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Is there a "best" year for the precedent?

This is the first thread I've read that supported 4-12s. I've been almost embarrassed to admit that I replaced my 4-12s with new ones after REALLY considering a lithium upgrade. I'll happily toss my hat in the ring with the 4-12 supporters if the use isn't "3 rounds a day". Pool, sports pub, grocery store, ice cream store, neighborhood cruising and friends...all accessible and the battery never gets close to flat for me. I don't think I COULD run mine flat in a day.

Thanks for the validation to those that offered it.
Jmuoio81213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2023, 11:17 AM   #42
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have an '06' precedent that had brand new 12s (4) when I bought it. I sold them and put in 3- 48v in parallel Allied Battery LiPo packs... Absolutely love the duration and not dealing with acid etc. ( makes me a 4/12 supporter I guess also .. or at least I was ......till I went Lith.
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:42 AM   #43
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

I may be the only person on the planet that doesn't mind dealing with LA batteries. Watering them and keeping some jelly on their terminals to hamper corrosion is such an easy and fast process, it doesn't even register with me. I would only change to lithium, not a heavier load of LAs in a 6-8/8-6 configuration. My cart is reportedly an 07, but who knows. I don't think anything on it is stock.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:46 AM   #44
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Goes pretty good, looks fine.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2023, 08:57 AM   #45
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Scotty's cables, new controller and solenoid...the list goes on. It'll brush 31, but I don't do that at any time that has kids in the neighborhood.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:00 AM   #46
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have the cover off the middle, and I'm not sure I want it back on.

Old 01-25-2023, 04:57 PM   #47
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Somewhat in the same boat trying to figure out which I am better off keeping - my 2005 Precedent that I have had for 2.5 years or a 2012 Precedent that I just picked up.

Background:

Picked up a 2005 precedent from the original owner (non fleet cart). It had 2018 batteries that I recently replaced with an ECO lithium (6 months ago) as they were starting to show their age. I added new seats, a 4" lift and larger tires but otherwise stock. It runs great and Cart is in good shape. Into it about $5,500 total.

2012 - just picked up from my neighbor who was buying a new Onward and the dealer was only going to give him $1,000 on trade. I told him I would take it instead. Batteries were toast, seats were original, suspension/bushings were shot both front/rear, and recently the front windshield had come off at speed and broke due to a rear seat that wasn't installed correctly resulting in the roof and associated supports to be very loose causing the whole structure to sway while driving. Cart was also a previous fleet cart but motor, controller and everything else seems solid. Since I picked it up 2 months ago I replaced the batteries with an ECO lithium, added new seat covers, sound bar, installed 3.5" lift, new 12" tires/wheels, rear bushings, new windshield, and removed rear seat and rebuilt cart to original 2 seater with golf bag holder. All in at this point is about $5K.

Any opinions on which of the 2 I should keep?
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car