lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Ben Lilley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default CarryAll 272 rear diff swap.

I'm contemplating putting a rear diff out of a 91 carryall in my 02 272.
Has anyone done this and if so what problems may I encounter, I see that they mount differently and the older one seems to be shorter in height but I figure with a plasma cutter, mig(w/aluminum spool gun) and plenty of scrap metal anything is possible.
Ben Lilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: CarryAll 272 rear diff swap.

Whay are you doing it? Are you trying to get a ccw rotation and big block it?
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Ben Lilley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not really but that may be an option if the FE350 ever lays down.

The gears or bearings in the upper portion of the diff in my cart make an annoying grinding noise. I have a 91 rear available and have a buddy that has several of that style and has run the dog out of them and has never had ANY problems with them.

(for the record, my noise is NOT from the lower portion of the diff, OR from the wheel bearings)
Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

The rear end will run a different direction. So f and r will be reversed. Also the 91 rear end will be narrower and I think the spring pads would also be narrower. If it were me I would get the stock locking rear end fixed. Even if it meant pulling it and taking it to the local dealer for repair
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Ben Lilley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hmmmm, well I don't like the narrower spring pad part...Ill have to measure it and see how much narrower it is, I'm sure I could adapt it to work but I do like the locking diff option as well. You may be right about fixing the unit I have but "take it to the local dealer"......... BLASPHEMY.......

I'll crack it open and see what the problem is, I assume parts are available separately and I dont have to buy the whole thing. If not, if there is someone with some spare parts, shoot me some mail.

Thanks for the info....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car