lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
farleypug
Getting Wild

Default G14 Cylinder/Gasket Problem

I have a G14 with a hole in the engine case. Everything internal is perfect other than the balance shaft broke and cracked the case. I just bought a g2 engine case and was going to swap everything from the g14 into the new case. I know that the cylinder and piston are a larger bore on the g14. I figured that it would bolt right on to the g2 block but the g14 calls for a different head gasket than the g2/g8/g9 motors. I also noticed that when I looked up the part number for the g14 case, it wasn't the same as the g2 part number. I guess is what i'm asking is will my g14 cylinder bolt up to the G2 block and will the g14 cylinder gasket work on the G2 block. I know it sounds confusing but that's the best I can word it. Thanks for any help.
farleypug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
farleypug
Getting Wild

Default Re: G14 Cylinder/Gasket Problem

I just realized that the cylinder and crankcase appear to be one piece. Well, big error on my part. Looks like I'm gonna have to use a G2 piston/rings. I guess I should have torn the engine down before I bought another case.
farleypug is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha