lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
dbeck907
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Short Battery Life Maybe!!!!

Hello everyone. First thanks for a terriffic website like this to be able to post questions for us non-golfcart people.

I have a potential problem (not sure but I think it is one). I just bought a used golfcart (EZGO) for my wife. I live on an island and everyone around here uses golfcarts instead of autos on the weekends. Anyway here is my problem. According to the guy I bought it from. The cart has new batteries (six only). When I brought it home last night, we had to take it out for a spin. Well!! after a few minutes the cart started slowing down. I made it to a freinds house and put it on the charge for about 30-45 minutes. I thought this would get me back home. It didn't. Ended up pushing abut half of the way. When I got it home, charged it all night long on the charger. Took the machine back out today, and it ran for around 30-45 minutes before it started to die again. Made it back home this time, but just barely. I think the snails were passing me. One thing I did notice was instead of keeping the pedal all the way down where it wouldn't hardly roll, if I only half pedaled it, then it seemed to pick up speed. Can someone tell me what to check/look at, as far as potential problems? I love the color of the cart, and the big tires on it. I just don't want a lemon if you know what I mean. Please help.
dbeck907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO Short Battery Life Maybe!!!!

The symptoms described are that of either a poor connection, or a dead battery cell. At full throttle you are asking for more voltage and that may be the kill point, and half throttle you are asking for less.

first and foremost check the date code on the batteries... Just because someone said they were new batteries doesn't mean they are. There should be a letter and a number on the flat lead surface... the number should be the date code. If they are new, and a cell is bad, look into warranty issues.

If that seems ok, check for corrosion on your terminals, and loose or burnt(or burning) wires. Check the F/R assembly for the same, and check the wires connected to your speed control.

If all that seems good, you might have a poorly adjusted ITS (inductive throttle sensor) which is under the floorboard, if it is adjusted to far out, it goes so far out and kills. However, this symptom would be always, not after 35 minutes...
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
dbeck907
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Short Battery Life Maybe!!!!

Thanks again for the info. I had the guy replace the batteries and it runs great now.
dbeck907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO