lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #11
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 drive clutch dilemma

Actually that link ain’t very helpful...

Remove the retaining bolt
stick a long shank screwdriver in the hole to determine the depth
Cut you a rod 1/2” to 3/4” shorter
The hole is threaded for a bit and hollow to the crankshaft
Find you a 3/4” fine thread bolt about 2 inches long... Length doesn’t really matter as long as you have the room
1/2” rod maybe even a 5/8 as long as it doesn’t bind
You may want to blow it out to make sure that you’re pushing against a solid surface
Stick the rod in the clutch… Grease the end of the bolt and run it in tapping lightly on the clutch as it gets tight
Sometimes they hang on pretty tight… I’ve heard people say that they’ve had to use heat… I never have and I would resist that temptation because there are a lot of plastic and rubber parts in the vicinity that could take your situation from a minor issue to a major problem

Pulling the clutch apart is pretty self-explanatory… A few bolts and a little spring pressure… Nothings going to come flying out of there... A few fly weights and fulcrums and everything’s attached... well... except the spring but it pretty obvious where it goes
Clean it up and blow it out
I personally use a light oil because grease attracts dirt and with the relatively low pressures involved... clean is more important than lubricated

It’s really not too big a deal… Expertise level 3 maybe... If you Jack it up though... you may wish you had ignored a little thump... lol

If I’ve given you any bad information… Hopefully one of these guys SHOULD correct me… Or at least offer alternative opinions
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #12
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

An impact might be helpful but I doubt you have the room if the motor’s in the cart.. I just use a box end wrench and whack it with a hammer

And make sure you let us know what you find when you get done

Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:19 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If you make your own tool, use a grade 8 bolt and cut off the head. If you use soft steel, it will mushroom inside the threaded end and eff up the crankshaft.

Personally, I'd buy the tool. 40 bucks is a lot cheaper than a crankshaft.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO