lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
southernr
Not Yet Wild

Default Before I Buy

I’ve got a 2006 club car precedent 48v that’s bone stock right now other than a rear seat I installed after I got it last summer. I’m about to pull the trigger on a lift and new tires/wheels. Before I buy I want to make sure I’m not overlooking anything. Right now I’ve got a GTW 6” double a-arm lift and some 20” tire with 10” wheels in my online shopping cart. Was considering 22” tires but don’t want to over do it. My neighborhood is somewhat hilly. Not crazy but it definitely has a few decent hills. I’m hoping I’ll pick up a little speed. Is there anything else that’s a must have or a must do mod? Will I be hindered at all without doing some sort of motor or controller upgrade? Also, should I go ahead and add beefed up springs in the rear or will this lift kit take care of that. Lastly, will there be any big sales before summer that I should wait on or are prices pretty constant through the year. Trying to do this on somewhat of a budget. Thanks in advance.
southernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Before I Buy

I'm not an electric cart guy so I'll let someone else chime in on that. But for the lift, I'd leave the springs alone unless you have issues. HD springs will really make it ride rough.

Only other thing I'd suggest, go bigger on the tires. 6" lift and 20" tires look goofy. I don't think you'll be happy with the combo.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:23 AM   #3
ac921ol
Getting Wild

I agree, 6inch and 20/10/10 setup will look very odd.

Why 6 inch? Why not a smaller 3-4inch lift, which will look perfectly fine with 20/10/10 it’s actually what my plan is.

also might want to check clearance wherever you might park it.
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:17 AM   #4
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

If you have a back seat I would put the dual rate springs instead of HD springs for the extra support without giving up a lot on the ride. I would stay with a 4 in lift with 20” tires.
Just my 2 cents

Joe
joe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Look at Harley air shocks for the rear.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #6
southernr
Not Yet Wild

Ok got a 6” GTW lift in my cart as well as some 12” wheel/23” tires and a set of dual action rear springs and while I’m at it probably replacing the rear shocks. Is my cart going to have enough power to drive a semi hilly neighborhood with tires this big or should I back of and go the no lift/low pro route??? Decisions decisions...
southernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts