lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #41
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marathon started struggling to go up a grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by baymee View Post

See two posts up the page
If you can lay your hands on a 6V charger, charge the 6V battery that was low and then connect the TC-III and run two or three back-to-back charge cycles with it. There might be a little life left in those batteries, but statistically, they are close to the end of their usable lifespan, so start budgeting for new ones.

My Exide batteries turned 7 in November and are still giving me all the speed and range I need, but my needs are modest these days.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2020, 07:14 AM   #42
baymee
Not Yet Wild

I’m happy to report that the pack is 38.3 v this morning after 12 hours of rest. The low battery came up to speed in that recharge. As far as range, I won’t know until it warms up.
baymee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:16 AM   #43
baymee
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the help.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #44
baymee
Not Yet Wild

I installed a battery volt meter today and it showed 38.2. Went out for about 5 minutes and drove around. I went up a 25% slope around 10 feet in length and saw the voltage drop below 36v. Parked it and it was showing around 37.5 at rest.

How do I know when the batteries are failing? What signs would I look for as far as voltage drop and recovery? They are almost 5 years old.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:23 PM   #45
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by baymee View Post
I installed a battery volt meter today and it showed 38.2. Went out for about 5 minutes and drove around. I went up a 25% slope around 10 feet in length and saw the voltage drop below 36v. Parked it and it was showing around 37.5 at rest.

How do I know when the batteries are failing? What signs would I look for as far as voltage drop and recovery? They are almost 5 years old.
Only dropping 2.2V is better than average.

Voltage recovery after use is pretty slow, so the pack very likely climbed higher the 37.5 after stopping. It take about an hour for full recovery.

Batteries start failing the moment they are installed and reach the end of their usable lifespan when they can no longer provide the performance or range (runtime) you need or desire. In other words, you have to decide when they are no longer doing the job you want them to do.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO