lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #11
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any cons to turning your cart up?

Bob "turned my cart up" nearly 2 years ago and I've experienced no issues, no additional wear, nor reduced battery performance. My cart will do 28 MPH with stock tires. Before Bob performed his magic the cart was set at the 19.5 MPH mode -- again no issues but I wanted to go faster. As Bob posted, "no, not really."
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2019, 03:59 PM   #12
Nathanhinder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello all would any one happen to know if there any people in Canada that turn my ezgo rxv up faster then 19mph. In the winter months could even send my controller to someone to have it done
Nathanhinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanhinder View Post
Hello all would any one happen to know if there any people in Canada that turn my ezgo rxv up faster then 19mph. In the winter months could even send my controller to someone to have it done
Good luck finding someone in Canada to do it. There are only a couple of us in the US with the capability and the knowledge to do it. You can send it out via mail for service and return without tariffs. Check with your customs on how to do it. I know it requires customs declaration forms be filled out for both ways.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:06 PM   #14
Nathanhinder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well thank you very much for your help I will look into what needs to be done to send it and have returned. So it is possible to do it with the controller out of the cart? Rough estimate of price if I was to send it to you?
Old 08-10-2019, 04:42 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanhinder View Post
Well thank you very much for your help I will look into what needs to be done to send it and have returned. So it is possible to do it with the controller out of the cart? Rough estimate of price if I was to send it to you?
I'm not sure what the Priority Mail medium flat rate box fee is for Canada to the US and from the US back to Canada. I don't charge fees for reprogramming controllers by mail. I do expect for mailing fees to be paid both ways to and from me.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #16
Nathanhinder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So i looked into the price of having to controller shipped and returned. The price is not too bad at all and that was through fedex. I will go ahead with it once my trailer closes for the season around end of October . Are you sure you don't want anything for your time for doing it? Maybe closer to the date I will touch base with you and we will set it up to have it done.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:20 PM   #17
relcead
Not Yet Wild

removed
relcead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #18
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The only downside is that your cart setup should be optimal (alignment, steering, suspension). Keep in mind that these carts with a high center of gravity are not designed to go 28 mph. There can be considerable variation in tolerances and slop in the steering and suspension mechanism that will amplify the white knuckle experience at speed. Mine can go 28 mpg, but I rarely do this.
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:11 PM   #19
Nathanhinder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello bob we were talking in the summer about getting my ezgo rxv reprogrammed. If you still would not mind doing it for me I'm getting ready to pull the body off to get it wrapped so if possible would like to get the controller done at the same time. Let me know what your thinking. Was hoping to use fedex if that would work for as far as sending it back to me..
Old 02-14-2020, 08:01 AM   #20
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nathan I sent you a pm. Post Office is the only way to get these controllers to Bob.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO