lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
campnfish
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Drive 2 How tall with lift?

I have a Drive2 PVT EFI and want to lift it, was planning on 6" lift and 23" tires. Then got to wondering if I can still put it in the garage.. Anyone tell me the height of their lifted cart?
campnfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2019, 06:59 PM   #2
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Default Re: Yamaha Drive 2 How tall with lift?

I heard the tires usually don’t make much difference, but the 6inch lift does.
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Lifts are supposedly included with the tires they recommend, so a 6" lift with recommended 23 tires (or whatever) "should" lift the cart 6". That varies of course, and tires are different heights even of the same size mostly due to offroad tires being different shapes. I could get 2mph more out of my cart with 15psi in the rears because they balloon out more, but on pavement it would wear the center off and it rode hard that way, as I don't ride pavement anyway it still rode harder and weaved around a little at speed.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
campnfish
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the replies, so looks like I can do the 6" lift and still have an 1.5" clearance.
campnfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Lifts are supposedly included with the tires they recommend, so a 6" lift with recommended 23 tires (or whatever) "should" lift the cart 6". That varies of course, and tires are different heights even of the same size mostly due to offroad tires being different shapes. I could get 2mph more out of my cart with 15psi in the rears because they balloon out more, but on pavement it would wear the center off and it rode hard that way, as I don't ride pavement anyway it still rode harder and weaved around a little at speed.

“Lifts are supposedly included with the tires they recommend “. I’m not sure if that is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:53 PM   #6
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

You may want to reconsider the 23" tires. PTV's come from the factory with high speed gears and if you use the taller tires, it's too much of a higher ratio for the engine to pull. I tried them on mine from another cart and my cart slowed down more on hills than I wanted, so I ended up buying wheels with 215/50-12 tires (about 21" tall) and it seemed to pull better and has plenty of speed. I used a Jake's 3" spindle lift and I like the look, but it ruined the turning radius. If I had it to do over again, I'd use the Yamaha 2" lift. I have a 2009 G29 with a 6" Jakes spindle lift and the turning radius is fine on it.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:41 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_B_Man View Post
“Lifts are supposedly included with the tires they recommend “. I’m not sure if that is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It used to be accurate, but there is no lift size sheriff out there. Many lifts you could look at the brackets and see they were 2" high, the tires 2" higher, and it was a 4" lift, etc. They did that in the beginning because a 4" lift sounded cooler than a 2" lift, so they counted as much as they could.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
It used to be accurate, but there is no lift size sheriff out there. Many lifts you could look at the brackets and see they were 2" high, the tires 2" higher, and it was a 4" lift, etc. They did that in the beginning because a 4" lift sounded cooler than a 2" lift, so they counted as much as they could.
"lift size sheriff" Nice one!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:00 PM   #9
Teasem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My old club car with a 6" lift and 23" tires fit perfect in the garage..
Teasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:30 PM   #10
Bowrech280
Not Yet Wild

I put the 3" lift on my Drive2 with 21" tires
Got 12" to the floor and the roof is 6'1"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bowrech280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts