lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Vegas Carts 625 Kit In 1999 Ezgo TXT

If you're on the fence or just thinking about buying the V C 625 kit my advise is to place your order now because this thing is VERY IMPRESSING to say the least and is a bargain!! Everything fit like a glove and the 625 has power & torque to spare,when I press the go pedal it actually throws me back in the seat with absolutely no throttle lag!!! I've still got a few more things to tidy up but just had to drive it around after I got the engine in place .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3261.jpg (333.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3262.jpg (276.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3260.jpg (518.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3263.jpg (237.7 KB, 0 views)
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Vegas Carts 625 Kit In 1999 Ezgo TXT

Looks good!

Off topic, but you might want to check your rear leaf spring bushing and sleeve I bet it rattles a bit.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Once I get one the first thing I'll do is shitecan that cheezy looking throttle apparatus

Probably cut those gas tank tabs off to boot or figure out something to mount to them so it looks like they have a purpose

Looking good though. Sure wish it was me putting one in my DS

For a side note I changed the springs and weights in my 780 clutch and now I get pretty much that same feeling when I hit the loud peddle. The 460 is a torque monster too and pulls strong way past where I want to let it. I put the 106 gram (heavy) weights with the green springs so the clutch takes up at about 1100 rpms and is fully shifted out at 2500 or so, depending on the terrain
My old (69) azz's powder gets wet pretty quick like now that I'm getting on up there in the years

I have to admit that this 460 powered club car DS is the most fun I have anymore, with all my clothes still on that is :-)
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:33 PM   #4
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Looks good!

Off topic, but you might want to check your rear leaf spring bushing and sleeve I bet it rattles a bit.
Thanks,the leaf spring bushings are on the "tidy up" list .
Old 12-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #5
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Maner View Post
Once I get one the first thing I'll do is shitecan that cheezy looking throttle apparatus

Probably cut those gas tank tabs off to boot or figure out something to mount to them so it looks like they have a purpose

Looking good though. Sure wish it was me putting one in my DS

For a side note I changed the springs and weights in my 780 clutch and now I get pretty much that same feeling when I hit the loud peddle. The 460 is a torque monster too and pulls strong way past where I want to let it. I put the 106 gram (heavy) weights with the green springs so the clutch takes up at about 1100 rpms and is fully shifted out at 2500 or so, depending on the terrain
My old (69) azz's powder gets wet pretty quick like now that I'm getting on up there in the years

I have to admit that this 460 powered club car DS is the most fun I have anymore, with all my clothes still on that is :-)

Thanks Dave,yeah the throttle apparatus looks kinda cheezy but was easy to connect the factory accelerator cable to & it works very smooth .I haven't been able to hold it wide open and get a GPS reading yet due to lack of runway (too many trees & ditches and I don't heal near as fast as I use to ).It is definitely fun,powerful & fast!!
Old 12-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #6
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How quiet is it with that muffler? That was my only problem with the 460 was getting it muffled down for use in a campground.
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #7
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjastram View Post
How quiet is it with that muffler? That was my only problem with the 460 was getting it muffled down for use in a campground.

I don't think it's all that loud but it's definitely not as queit as the stock 9 HP Robbins engine & muffler,a tail pipe turned downward might help .I think another member posted a video of his running 625 cart but I don't remember who it was.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #8
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

From all the videos I've seen not much quiets the 460 very well. Once you get the exhaust toned down the engine noise takes over.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:57 AM   #9
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

I hear you, for me at about the 60 YO mark the healing factor dropped to almost zero while my powder getting wet kicked in over-drive. I like this getting old factor but it has its limits
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #10
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

From the first pics and yours of the muffler I am skeptical it will work for me without modification. Even with a 5" lift and 22" tires it is too low. Maybe a little cut, rotate, and welding on the horizontal section could rotate the muffler upward some. And a tailpipe routed to the driver side and out the side behind the tire.

After mine is in and the Robins et al is sitting on the bench I believe a more progressive throttle linkage can be made from the stock 96 governor to carb bellcranks. The arms would allow redrilling the pivots to unequal lengths.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps