lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Question ordered a Jakes long travel kit for my EZGO TXT and am second guessing myself

after reading the FB page for Jakes, should I cancel ?
how is their customer support ?

are people really having a lot of problems with leaking coil overs?
coldair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: ordered a Jakes long travel kit for my EZGO TXT and am second guessing myself

I read those same reviews. Some of them sound very suspect, but you never know. I also saw a ton of reviews saying great things. It's like that with most online reviews.

Early on when Jakes got purchased, the shocks were replaced with the current version, which are much cheaper. I also believe they have corrected the problem on the early version of those shocks.

I have not used any other brands of LT kit, but I have used several Jakes LT kits and they are built well and handle excellent, best modification IMO. On the kits I used the quality was great. My only issue was that the directions were a little lacking, but if you have mechanical ability it won't be an issue.

If you do have issues with the shocks, you can always replace them with some atv shocks which will be much heavier duty and are battle tested. The money spent on the lift kit is worth the price, even without the shocks.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ordered a Jakes long travel kit for my EZGO TXT and am second guessing myself

thanks for the reply at the last moment I switched to Jakes from my first choice of the RHOX A Arm kit.

I bought cart already lifted and have had it for almost 1.5 years and the ride has been horrible wandering all over the road and eating tires. I just picked up a set of RHOX road hawks 10/23/12 when I noticed it had no rear shocks then I noticed the motor had been rubbing against the fiberglass body due to the rear lift being done with 12" rear shackle. this has lead me to a long travel kit and I ordered new heavier duty rear springs, stock shackles and stock rear shocks.
coldair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:39 PM   #4
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Not sure what version of Jakes LT I have (early or late) It has been on the cart about 3 yrs, (but has had little use for other reasons) Both shocks leak, most if not all of the heim joints squeak, ( regardless of type of lube I’ve tried) the turning radius is quite a bit larger than a stock cart. The unit rides well, and looks great, but it’s too wide for my use, and so plans for me are to go another route.
My 2 cents,
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:30 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Not sure what version of Jakes LT I have (early or late) It has been on the cart about 3 yrs, (but has had little use for other reasons) Both shocks leak, most if not all of the heim joints squeak, ( regardless of type of lube I’ve tried) the turning radius is quite a bit larger than a stock cart. The unit rides well, and looks great, but it’s too wide for my use, and so plans for me are to go another route.
My 2 cents,
Man that's crazy, I never had any of those issues. I wonder if some kits are made differently or if they source parts differently for different lifts? Heim joints usually squeak if they are all steel and are getting rusty. I've never had a teflon heim make any noise. Heims are not expensive, you could change those quite easily.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:33 AM   #6
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Man that's crazy, I never had any of those issues. I wonder if some kits are made differently or if they source parts differently for different lifts? Heim joints usually squeak if they are all steel and are getting rusty. I've never had a teflon heim make any noise. Heims are not expensive, you could change those quite easily.
Could be mine was assembled during a transitional time.
Yes, I could change out the joints, ( my didn’t come with lined units) and replace the shocks but none of it should need to be done with very little mileage on it.
And for my needs, I should have checked the width & turning circle.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts