lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2020, 09:33 PM   #151
orabun
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

Is the V-Glide or Potbox the same thing as a Multi-Step Potentiometer? My serial number starts with A0026 so I'm assuming it's a 2000 DS, but it's got the pie shaped black box on the driver's side frame in front of the batteries. I'm not sure if I'm dealing with 2 different problems or all the same thing. About a month ago my battery charging stopped working so I figured it was the OBC so I bypassed it and the relay in the charger and it was good for a while. Today as I was going across the yard it started slowing down and cutting in and out until finally it wouldn't go at all. It will click and try to move and sometimes it will move slowly for a short distance and then stops. After trying to research a little I thought it could be the MCOR but after checking I determined it doesn't have one but it has the Multi-Step Potentiometer. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
orabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #152
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The old original V-glides were 2-wire and worked a little different then the newer 3-wire (5k-0) MSP's which looked just like the V-glides. What we call a Pot Box was a Constant Varible Potentiometer and actually worked very well. I never understood why CC abandoned it and went to the MSP's. If you have the V-glide style (Pie Shaped Box) in the battery compartment of your '00, it would be an MSP. If it ever fails you, you will want to do a "Pre-MCOR conversion to it. That would bring it up to today's standard of an MCOR4.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #153
orabun
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
The old original V-glides were 2-wire and worked a little different then the newer 3-wire (5k-0) MSP's which looked just like the V-glides. What we call a Pot Box was a Constant Varible Potentiometer and actually worked very well. I never understood why CC abandoned it and went to the MSP's. If you have the V-glide style (Pie Shaped Box) in the battery compartment of your '00, it would be an MSP. If it ever fails you, you will want to do a "Pre-MCOR conversion to it. That would bring it up to today's standard of an MCOR4.
In your opinion, do you think the problem I described could be the MSP? If not, what should I check next?
orabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #154
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Please post this down in the CC forum and we will do some troubleshooting. That way we do not clutter this thread up with testing protocols.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:52 PM   #155
kleg111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My 2017 precedent suddenly has jerky acceleration which i think is MCOR but now also...when I take my foot off the accelerator to move to the brake, the moment i remove my foot from accelerator the brakes engage automatically at 100% so i skid forward as if i all of the sudden pushed the parking brake in while driving. Also, if i let off the accelerator very slowly and move over to touch the brake, once i just touch the brake, the brakes engage at 100% and i skid and come to a stop. It is very dangerous and scary. Any ideas what could be wrong? I have video if anyone wants to see it to help.
kleg111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:52 PM   #156
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I see you posted this is the forum area and is the best place to avoid cross-posting and cluttering up this thread.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:57 AM   #157
RodneyMo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

would the TPS make your cart drive by itself?? im having trouble with my cart, but it only does it at full charge, once a bar is dropped off it will stop doing this.
RodneyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #158
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyMo View Post
would the TPS make your cart drive by itself?? im having trouble with my cart, but it only does it at full charge, once a bar is dropped off it will stop doing this.
Yes, certainly; replied to your other thread
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:43 PM   #159
fast900
Not Yet Wild

With the Throttle Sensor conversion kit for the 09 precedent is the MCOR a 2 or 3?
fast900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:26 PM   #160
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast900 View Post
With the Throttle Sensor conversion kit for the 09 precedent is the MCOR a 2 or 3?
I upgrade my 2009 Precedent a few months ago and it was either a 3 or 4, sorry can't remember for sure. I'm positive it was not a 2. I don't think that upgrade is still available.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car