lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default MCOR and V Glide

I've read a lot (maybe too much) and I am still confused!!!

Quick rundown: '86 Club Car DS. I have tore everything (there was not much there to start with!) out that was related to the old resistor stuff and will be putting in all new (new parts are in my sig). I went down a rabbit hole with bad intel and bought a HD FNR switch (since bought the toggle switch) and also have a new V Glide to replace the old style go pedal. I also have the MCOR conversion (part number AM293101) ready to go. I also bought a complete new wiring harness, if that helps in any way (I tore out all of the old wiring, including the key switch).

Here's my question (and where I am not smart enough to see the answer): do I need the V Glide AND the MCOR, or do I just need the MCOR? I have not yet started to install stuff and I want to do my layout to see what I have for room.

Thanks all. I am sorry that my reading has not answered my question (I am sure it is easy to see to some of you!)!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #2
kendeiss
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: MCOR and V Glide

The MCOR Is is the modern upgrade to replace the V Glyde you got the kit that is the way to go!
Hope that helps
Ken D
kendeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendeiss View Post
The MCOR Is is the modern upgrade to replace the V Glyde you got the kit that is the way to go!
Hope that helps
Ken D
So I guess I can return the V Glide and the HD FNR switch! There is so much confusing info out there (or maybe I am too stupid to fully understand this! Maybe I should take up knitting-might be too stupid for that also though!).

Thank you!
Old 08-02-2020, 08:27 PM   #4
kendeiss
Getting Wild
Club Car

If your FNR SW is the original I would replace it but yes return the VGlide
Ken
Old 08-03-2020, 12:28 AM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I ordered a new HD FNR switch (big knob type), which I now understand is wrong and will work on returning it. I then ordered and have a toggle switch, so I think that is correct for the MCOR.

I stripped whatever was left of the original system and ordered all new stuff to do the solid state conversion and 48V (6 eight volt batteries). I'd like to do this right the first time (cart was free). Been dealing with a local Cart Mart guy who has been great (I order a lot of stuff online, but it is nice to sit down and chat face to face sometimes) and I think I got a bit of bad intel initially.

So the HD switch and the V Glide will be going back (anyone need either of these?!) and I will press on. I'd like to get this mocked and and maybe even installed before my Double Take Spartan body appears :)

Thank you for the clarification!
Old 08-03-2020, 08:23 AM   #6
kendeiss
Getting Wild
Club Car

No problem, Good Luck on your rebuild!

Ken D
Old 08-03-2020, 10:41 AM   #7
Left Coast Kiteboarding
Gone Wild

Club Car

Congrats on upgrading the cart!!

Total highjack but how long are you expecting to wait on the body kit? I’ve been hearing 8 weeks or more. Do you have a better source?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Left Coast Kiteboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:09 PM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast Kiteboarding View Post
Congrats on upgrading the cart!!
Total highjack but how long are you expecting to wait on the body kit? I’ve been hearing 8 weeks or more. Do you have a better source?
Thanks. I am a contractor (swimming pools) and pretty handy but will admit that electrical is my weakest area; I'll learn a lot on this build!

Funny thing is that I swear that I saw "in stock" when I went to place the order, but now it looks like I am in the queue for one to be made. I placed the order on July 20th so it's getting closer! (I just went in and checked the confirmation and found this "(For orders placed March-September please allow 25-30 business days for order to ship)".

I imagine that with this virus thing going around your timeframe may be closer; I guess we'll see when it arrives!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car