lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2020, 06:07 AM   #1
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV High Pitched Noise and Single Beep

Hey Guys,

Had the cart for a few weeks now, and Finally been successful in silencing all the squeaks and creaks from the suspension and body. I can’t tell if it’s always done this, or if these two drive oriented noises are new:

1. Single beep when key is first turned to a direction.
2. High pitched noise (electrical buzz), seemingly from the controller area. Appears to occur when the accelerator is pressed, and goes away when the cart stops (maybe when the park brake activates). Stock brake recently went out, and was replaced with an eBay HD Switch version.

My review of service and owners manual, Google ** and forum searching is failing me, other than I did run across an old post about all rxvs making a high pitched noise from a few years back.

2016 RXV 48V, stock Curtis controller with freedom mode enabled.

TIA
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2020, 06:43 AM   #2
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV High Pitched Noise and Single Beep

Well, typing it out must have turned on a lightbulb. It’s the brake. Noise happens during brake test and in tow neutral.

I had the cart for less than a week before the old brake went out. Can someone confirm the OEM brake does not make any noise when active?

Also still curious on the single beep.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A consistent recommendation on this board is to NOT use the so called heavy duty brake as it doesn't play nice with the cart.

My brake on a 2012 curtis RXV makes no noise at all expect for the "clicks" during POST and when it engages as cart is stopped. Brake was replaced in early 2016 as a routine service during refurbishment.

Some RXV's, especially early models had a noticeable wine during operation. Noticeable may be an understatement as it could be significant IMO. Generally not repairable except with transaxle replacement apparently. Later models not inflicted with this much. This is not associated with brake.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #4
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
A consistent recommendation on this board is to NOT use the so called heavy duty brake as it doesn't play nice with the cart.

My brake on a 2012 curtis RXV makes no noise at all expect for the "clicks" during POST and when it engages as cart is stopped. Brake was replaced in early 2016 as a routine service during refurbishment.

Some RXV's, especially early models had a noticeable wine during operation. Noticeable may be an understatement as it could be significant IMO. Generally not repairable except with transaxle replacement apparently. Later models not inflicted with this much. This is not associated with brake.
Thanks for letting me know. When the original failed, I ordered the fastest replacement, and there are several issues with it beyond the noise. No motor to brake gasket (or even groove for it). The case itself must be aluminum because the inch pound torque was peeling away the case.

I’ll order an OEM. If anyone is in desperate need of a brake, I’d certainly help out a fellow forum member once I get the replacement in.

Any chance if you know if the single beep on start up is confirmation of freedom, or an error?

Thanks again!
Old 08-01-2020, 05:27 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know about the beep other it shouldn't be doing it. Mine has never done anything like that and I've had the freedom mode unlocked and then later on the Bob Boyce tune.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:33 PM   #6
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I don't know about the beep other it shouldn't be doing it. Mine has never done anything like that and I've had the freedom mode unlocked and then later on the Bob Boyce tune.
Thanks, I’ll get it scanned next time I get a chance. I’ll update if it’s throwing an error.

The 350s on my watch list so I can be prepared next time Bob comes in town. I’ve been pretty hardcore on several forums in the last 20 years, and never seen a more giving member than Bob!
Old 08-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Depending on what you want to do with the cart, you may not need the 350A controller. I still have the original 235A one and it goes 32mph and scoots up hills (Atlanta area). 20.5" tires. Cart is relatively heavy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0630 4.24.03 PM.jpg (551.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-02-2020, 04:37 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

An RXV tests to verify the reverse buzzer is present (wont run without it, Do Not Attempt), that's the "single beep" your hearing. Normal RXV stuff.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #9
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

New OEM motor brake came in, and has not solved the high pitched noise issue.

Took a video, but it's so high pitched it gets compressed out when uploading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTn9c0E_4DY

Single beep is a non-issue, it's my bluetooth connecting. (feel like an idiot on that one)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO