lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2020, 11:52 AM   #1
bliebold84
Not Yet Wild

Default Bobcat 2100

Hello everyone,

I have acquired for free a bobcat 2100 with the fe400 engine. I replaced the carburetor and i can get it to run and idle however i cant get it to run then come to a stop and idle its one or the other. I am fairly ignorant on carburetors and their quirks. Any tips on where to start with the idle air ration screw and throttle cable? If i go to far one way or the other it wants to grind gears since i assume the idle is high enough its engaging the clutch?

Thanks,
Blake
bliebold84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2020, 02:47 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Bobcat 2100

Did you replace it with an aftermarket carb? If it cost less than $150 it's probably a chinesium chunk of crud and will cause you nothing but grief. Much better to just clean out and re-use the original carb.

Is the return spring connected to the throttle lever? Does the governor cable (from governor on the trans to the carb) move VERY Freely? If it has any resistance or sticky spots or rough feeling it needs to be replaced or it will hang the throttle open.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #3
bliebold84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Did you replace it with an aftermarket carb? If it cost less than $150 it's probably a chinesium chunk of crud and will cause you nothing but grief. Much better to just clean out and re-use the original carb.

Is the return spring connected to the throttle lever? Does the governor cable (from governor on the trans to the carb) move VERY Freely? If it has any resistance or sticky spots or rough feeling it needs to be replaced or it will hang the throttle open.
It is an aftermarket one since the original is long gone. It just seems to never act the same minute to minute. Bout ready to say screw it and take it to a dealer since i found one that will service it and let them deal with it.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Find an original carb for it. The aftermarket ones are usually garbage. That will probably fix a lot of problems.
Not sure why nobody can figure out these carburetors. There's literally like 8 parts in them and 99.9% of the time you don't even need a seal kit or anything to just take it apart and clean it and put it back together for free. Yet everyone wants to spend the $40 on a junk china carb.

Not to put any blame on you, sounds like you inherited someone elses "project". Just saying it happens a LOT that people have a small running issue and immediately condemn an original carb to the scrap pile.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:54 PM   #5
bliebold84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Find an original carb for it. The aftermarket ones are usually garbage. That will probably fix a lot of problems.
Not sure why nobody can figure out these carburetors. There's literally like 8 parts in them and 99.9% of the time you don't even need a seal kit or anything to just take it apart and clean it and put it back together for free. Yet everyone wants to spend the $40 on a junk china carb.

Not to put any blame on you, sounds like you inherited someone elses "project". Just saying it happens a LOT that people have a small running issue and immediately condemn an original carb to the scrap pile.
No doubt. Im far from a carb guy since i live in the diesel world.

Any good used cart eBay or craigslist type sites for golf cart guys? Im not opposed to spending 3-600 bucks but if i can save some im am always down for that
Old 07-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #6
Theholdenz
Not Yet Wild

I put this one on my carryall fe350 400cc with zero problems.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NY...b_b_asin_title
Theholdenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car