lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Brazos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Jake’s Power Spring Kit

I have two Yamaha 2008 G29 golf carts. I use them for transportation around my farm. Last week I put a 6” lift kit on one, liked it so I ordered a second 6” lift kit with 22” tires. I also ordered two of Jake’s Power Spring Kits for the secondary clutches:
I just joined the forum and do not know too much. Are these springs a good upgrade?
Brazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2020, 08:19 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Jake’s Power Spring Kit

Condition and quality of the belt is important. OEM Yamaha is the minimum. Aftermarket belts usually turn into junk after a short time. That kit will work, but it's a one size fits all applications. Plowmans has a much wider range of performance upgrades, designed for your usage. Best bang for your buck. Talk to Don--he will answer all of your questions.

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/parts_yamaha_drive.html

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1550242601&v=2

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1558639995&v=2
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:00 AM   #3
Brazos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That for your input. I ordered two of the spring kits and two of the transaxle skid plates. The skid plates came in but not the springs so they may be backordered. If so I might cancel the order. The one cart I lifted seems to be working fine from a push the gas pedal and go standpoint. The new wheels and tires are so much bigger and heavier than the stock wheels I figured the heavier spring may help longevity of the clutch and drivetrain. I may be better off just running it stock and if the clutch trashes one day then buy the full Plowman kit. I do have a Plowman belt coming for one of the carts.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

You won't damage the clutches by running the stock springs. In fact, it's the opposite. Sometimes the stiffer aftermarket springs can put too much tension on the secondary clutch and it can possibly damage it. I'm not familiar with your particular cart. If you do cancel the springs, do what Dave said and call Don Plowman. He knows these carts inside and out, he's the Yamaha Guru.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:38 PM   #5
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I put on Dons Heavy Duty Double Cogged Kevlar belt and nothing else and what a difference the power it makes is. I can climb from a dead stop with no belt slip or squealing. I have 22 inch tires and 12 inch rims along with a 6 inch lift and the belt by itself is enough for me to go trail riding and hauling. Plowmans is the best out there!
93yamslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:59 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yamslammer View Post
I put on Dons Heavy Duty Double Cogged Kevlar belt and nothing else and what a difference the power it makes is. I can climb from a dead stop with no belt slip or squealing. I have 22 inch tires and 12 inch rims along with a 6 inch lift and the belt by itself is enough for me to go trail riding and hauling. Plowmans is the best out there!

A good high quality belt is key on CVT systems. Some people want to buy the $35 belts....noooooo! Get the good ones. High quality belts will pay you back big time. I think the Kevlar ones are usually like $70-$100, but worth every penny. Plowman's belt is only $59!!!
Old 07-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #7
Brazos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I looked and the springs were backordered so I cancelled the order. The one cart I lifted seems fine as-is. The cart I am about to lift squeals before take off already. I have a Plowman belt coming for it. So for now I will just run the stock clutches and good belts. If I start have clutch issues I will just buy the Plowman’s complete clutch system. Thanks for everyone’s advice.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:26 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Good plan! Good luck
Old 07-04-2020, 06:01 PM   #9
Josph30
Not Yet Wild

What is the dimensions on the plowman belts. I'm trying to decide between that and gboost for my replacement on my 2015 g29
Josph30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josph30 View Post
What is the dimensions on the plowman belts. I'm trying to decide between that and gboost for my replacement on my 2015 g29
It'll be stock size.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts