lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2020, 08:41 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Precedent not charging to full + speed issue

Don't waste money on a Speed code 5, Your controller works with a speed magnet (4 poles) and it gives you basically the same speed as the code 5 device.

Does Your cart have any Motor brake at all while driving and you take your foot off the brake?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #12
ClubCarGuy13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Does Your cart have any Motor brake at all while driving and you take your foot off the brake?
Just let it free roll down a slight hill and couldn't feel any braking pull back whatsoever. It was coasting faster than it drives (6/7/8 mph).
ClubCarGuy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #13
ClubCarGuy13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarGuy13 View Post
Done. Its back charging and will keep checking today to get an idea if/when it knocks off. How long am I expecting it to charge for? Voltage was 48.3 when I checked first thing this morning.
Guy
Ok after disconnecting main negative for 10 mins, this time it has charged for around 6-7 hours and I get a voltage reading of 50.3 after it being sat for an hour. Also, battery light didn't come on when I unplugged the DC chord? Do we think I'm fully charged and this issue might be behind me? Suppose I'll know more on next charge.

The charge needle was much happier when I took it for a spin but speed about the same.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:24 PM   #14
ClubCarGuy13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Further update:

Subsequent charges have knocked off shortly after charging (~ 1 hour) but I've had readings of 50.1 and 50.5 respectively. Feels more normal - is it? Is the consensus from experts to run this for a while I monitor the recharging time and voltage afterwards?

Regarding speed. From evidence thus far, would it be the consensus of the experts that I need a replacement speed sensor? If so, do I want OEM or is another brand recommended? Also, once fixed, I'd like to invest in a speed magnet to get the most out of this current setup as I can. Again, what brand/type is recommended by those who have been there?

Thanks again
Guy
Old 06-11-2020, 04:19 PM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I can't see well in the pics. The main negative battery cable needs to go through the hole in the middle of the OBC. That's the grey box below the Tow/Run switch.

If the cable doesn't go through there, the OBC can not determine the charge level of the pack, and it can not properly recharge.
If that cable Does go through the hole, then the OBC has likely failed and is why the charge times are so short.

Also take a look at the connection where the Main positive cable is hooked to the battery post. In the pic it looks like the Small Red 10ga wire (which comes from the charging receptacle) is Under the main cable. That smaller wire should be on TOP of the big cable. The Big cable always needs to go on the post first, and any small ones can go on after.

And as Walter mentioned, the cable between batteries 2 and 3 (the black one that's about 10x longer than it needs to be) is looking mighty rough. Those ends are crispy looking like they've been corroded and possibly overheated/burned in the past. That cable at the very least needs to be replaced. It would probably be a good idea to replace all of the cables between the batteries.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #16
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
BTW your batteries are from July 2018.
Impressive! How do you know this?
Look at the G8 stamped on the + lead battery post that means 7th month of 2018. (G is the 7th letter in the alphabet)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:47 PM   #17
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Ok, I am doing the rounds on our golf courses, but down in the south. If i come across a dead cart that needs its speed sensor removed, i will let you know LOL. dont count on it though, as so far I have managed to revive all the carts i have been to so far. All our fleets are precedents, so we may be in luck. Shame i dont have any spares in stock at the moment or i would have been happy to help.
If you were closer, i could have come and diagnosed you fault first hand. But Give Bradshaws a ring and ask for the parts department, i am pretty sure they are not trade only suppliers.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:41 AM   #18
ClubCarGuy13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
The main negative battery cable needs to go through the hole in the middle of the OBC
Yep, this black cable does go to the OBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Also take a look at the connection where the Main positive cable is hooked to the battery post. In the pic it looks like the Small Red 10ga wire (which comes from the charging receptacle) is Under the main cable. That smaller wire should be on TOP of the big cable. The Big cable always needs to go on the post first, and any small ones can go on after.
You're right so I've changed this now so the small cable is on top :-)

Also, as you mentioned, I'm looking to change all the interconnect cables as mentioned by another poster.

Thanks,
Guy
Old 06-12-2020, 04:42 AM   #19
ClubCarGuy13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Look at the G8 stamped on the + lead battery post that means 7th month of 2018. (G is the 7th letter in the alphabet)
Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-12-2020, 05:02 AM   #20
ClubCarGuy13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
But Give Bradshaws a ring and ask for the parts department, i am pretty sure they are not trade only suppliers.
Shame you don't have a spare but I might be best going new anyway. I've called Bradshaws for a quote and will report back on the price.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car